End Of The Year 2008

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Well I think my season is over, it was a short one for me.
I got my metal detector at the end of august, I wish I had ordered it earlier in the year.
52-Quarters
86-Dimes
237-Pennies
14-Nickels
21-Wheaties
2-silver Roosevelt's
1-Mercury Dime
3-Indian Head Pennies
And a bucket of Junk and a few interesting relics.
And tons of fun, thanks for all the help and comments.
Joe

Attachments

• end of year 1.jpg
    end of year 1.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 693
  • end of year 2.jpg
    end of year 2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 688

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on your first year! I'm sure next year will be much better. You had some great finds. :D

Stay warm, and think 'spring'!

HH,

Dr. Ace

S

seger98

You have some really nice buttons & other things there, is that daley thing gold?

OP
OP
wolcottdigger

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
No its brass it looks more like gold in that picture, I think its the lighting.
Its an old and worn Saint Christopher travelers medal, on the other side there is a picture of a train, airplane and a ship.
The front that you can see also has the name "George" scratched in it.

Attachments

• park2.jpg
    park2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 607
  • park1.jpg
    park1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 597
  • park2.jpg
    park2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 608
  • park1.jpg
    park1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 595

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like you had a mighty fine year even with it being a short season for you! Imagine how much you will find next year!! ;D

OP
OP
wolcottdigger

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
Thanks Cynangyl its a lot of fun thats for sure.
Wow 10000 plus posts on this site did I read that right.
I'm was just sending a email to the superintendent of schools in a nearby town, There is a old 1700s one room school house I want to detect.
Maybe I'll get to do it in the spring its thirteen degrees outside now and there is snow in the forecast for the end of the week.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yeah you read it right....I talk too much! :laughing9:

1700s school house eh? That would be a fun one! I hope you get permission. The doggone weather is not cooperating around here either! >:( Time to research and hang out here drooling over what those guys and gals from the warmer climates find! lol

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Shoot...What a Great First Year Joe.....Love the "G" Man Badge and the tiny old lock....That thing is cool,any info on it? Congrat's on the Silver find's as well. Take Care and Happy Holiday's :thumbsup:

OP
OP
wolcottdigger

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
I cant find an exact match for the Junior G Man badge, but lots like it.
From what I can tell its from the 1930s there was at least one popular radio show about the FBI "G Men" during the depression.
The small lock has no markings on it I think its for a diary.
I found the lock in my sisters yard her house was built in 1859.
I cant wait for the spring so I can go back there, I don't go to my sisters house as much as I would like to.
I want to let the grass heal up before I go back, I dug my grass plugs to shallow and they had a lot of brown spots "dumb beginner".
Ive since learned better digging techniques and don't do the damage I did on my first hunts.
Its been raining the last two days and very warm maybe I'll get one more day before the ground freezes again.
Joe

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a fantastic last part of the year you had. Congratulations on all your finds and
welcome to the hobby.

What kind of detector are you using?

HH, Ringfinder

P.S.
I have one of those G-Man badges. I know they are from the 1920's. I also have Junior
Fire Marshall badges from that era.

OP
OP
wolcottdigger

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
I'm using a Garrett ACE 250, I think the badge is pretty cool I found it behind an old house that was torn down about ten years ago.
I also found the other brass badge and the four leaf clover tokens there. There is a lot of junk in the ground, the old man that lived there
used it for a dumping grounds.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ACE 250 is a great little detector. I've been using the Fisher F75 this past year, but I always
have my ACE 250 with a SunRay Probe near by. The first year I hunted with my ACE I found over 4,000
clad coins with it and almost that many the second. I don't know how many silver coins I found that year, but it was a bunch. Also found 2 flying eagle pennies with it the same year. What a great detector
Garrett put out.

As for the junk, I tell people you gotta dig junk to find the goodies and you are. Friends of mine and me hunted a boat swim area here in Ohio one summer. Each weekend we hunted that site we took 2 five gallon buckets of trash out of that area. After about a month of digging trash, we started finding the goodies. We now call this boat swim area, Ring Island. LOL. We have also dug a bunch of silver and one of my partners dug up a $5,000 tennis bracelet out of the water at this site. Of course all of our finds from this area were found in the water. We still hunt this site and guess what, boaters still don't have enough money to buy a trash can, they still throw trash in the lake!!

Keep at it, more finds are bound to come out of this site.

HH,Ringfinder

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did well for a short season. I had 7 months and learned alot and my machine. I still have some time here in Ohio but I know the roof is going to fall in on us here soon. HH Ron

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I really like that Junior G Man badge. I'd be thrilled with that :o

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Congrats, very nice finds! HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great year even if it was a couple of months. I hope next year will bring you more gold and silver. Good Luck & Happy Hunting :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread