• Soapstone Artifacts 009.JPG
    Soapstone Artifacts 009.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 486
  • Soapstone Artifacts 003.JPG
    Soapstone Artifacts 003.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 693
Upvote 0
Americus said:
That is an awesome artifact. Did you find it?

Thanks, Americus. We have found bowls here in RI, but this Ct. example was a purchase.

Thats a nice bowl. I've only found a half of one at the bottom of a lake when it was lowered. It was sticking out like it was whole. Just my luck.

Surface hunted that farm, was known for adzes and gouges, was a huge cremation burial site two lots away that was destroyed extracting gravel to build a road bed.

Nice bowl, may have come out of that other lot, heard there was many found while excavating fill.

Very nice! only find shards myself I did find an interesting unfinished piece I will have to post...thanks for shareing!

Charl, I had befriended Mr. Bennet many years ago, should have seen the boxes of gouges, adzes, celts, etc. he had picked while walking his dog, had a beautiful 1/4 grooved axe and a translucent green flint side knotched spear about 6" long. Not sure where it all went after he passed.

flintmel said:
Charl, I had befriended Mr. Bennet many years ago, should have seen the boxes of gouges, adzes, celts, etc. he had picked while walking his dog, had a beautiful 1/4 grooved axe and a translucent green flint side knotched spear about 6" long. Not sure where it all went after he passed.

Wow. Appreciate the info, Mel. I had a feeling, being from your neck of the woods, that you would have heard of the farm. Cool that you surface hunted there. I've only found a few hardstone pieces in my collecting career. Born about 50 years too late I guess. Wonder what the material was for that side-notch. Must have been awesome to say the least.

Snakeman said:
Very nice! only find shards myself I did find an interesting unfinished piece I will have to post...thanks for shareing!

Love to see it Snakeman!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back