DeepseekerADS
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Mar 3, 2013
- Messages
- 15,094
- Reaction score
- 21,755
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW, VA - Bull Mountain
- Detector(s) used
- CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
I was in bed last night around 11:00 drifting into sleep and Cousin Sharon ran in from the porch said there was a bear in the yard. I put some pants on and went down and looked out the front, and at the very edge of the porch light range I saw the silhouette of the bear walking from the old chimney down towards the walnut tree. It looked like it was the size of a VW Beetle! Sharon's dog was raising hell. Good gracious that thing was big.
It's the first one I've seen since I moved here. The size of that beast, I'll be re-considering my freedom to walk down my kilometer long driveway to the mailbox now.
I looked up how large they could get to be, and read that males can reach as much as 1,000 lbs.
Holy Toledo!
It's the first one I've seen since I moved here. The size of that beast, I'll be re-considering my freedom to walk down my kilometer long driveway to the mailbox now.
I looked up how large they could get to be, and read that males can reach as much as 1,000 lbs.
Holy Toledo!





There's nothing behind me except the lumber companies and whoever goes up about the 10 miles up to the top behind me. This is big stuff, tried to walk back there in the 70's with an old friend, ridge after ridge and we gave up = had nothing left in us to go further.






