Epic Hunt Double Silver Half Dollars Silver Dime Trifecta And More!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met up with my buddy Micah yesterday to hunt a spot we wanted to try about an hour away. We got started around an area that we thought would be productive, but the ground was hard packed and didn't have a lot of good signals, but Micah got things going with a Rosie. We moved over to another area and started to find some keepers. In no time at all Micah had 3 Rosies and a Washington and I had dug an old Green River Whiskey watch fob and a Union Ice Cream good luck medal. I finally got a silver with a very nice Barber Dime and after that I dug several Mercs. It was very hot so we took a break in the shade and was talking about how well we were doing and hoped the rest of the hunt went as well. We got back to hunting and right by our shade tree Micah dug another Washington just under the surface and I dug another Merc. We moved to the front of the place and I went down to the lower corner of the property. I wasn't getting much until about time to leave, I got a great sounding signal and dug the 37 Walker. I was so excited to see that big silver in the hole, I took some pics and moved on. Not even 15' away my next signal was screaming half dollar on the Etrac. I thought to myself as I was digging that there is no way this is another half. I about fell over when I saw the Franklin there in my plug. I took my pics, got up checked my hole and there was more, I pulled out the Washington and a wheat as well. I couldn't stay focused after that but managed to dig a Rosie next to that hole for the dime trifecta and my last dig was the silver cuff link which is something I've been wanting to dig. It's crazy how a hunt can start out slow but quickly turn into my best hunt ever! HH David

Attachments

• Epic (8).JPG
    Epic (8).JPG
    139 KB · Views: 255
  • Epic  (4).JPG
    Epic (4).JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 1906.JPG
    1906.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 34
OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was waiting for the picture of the whole bunch together, great hunt! Keep it up!

Like "Old Dude" was asking, how do you pick these spots? Is it distance from big cities, history, appearance of the yard, had you driven by it before?

I had never hunted this place but it was an old school spot.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like an untapped site till now !!! Big :occasion14: You really hit the silver "Mother Load" there !! Even got a charm bracelet that and the Benny and possibly very old cuff-links too! All of those I am still searching for here, what a hunt !

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an untapped site till now !!! Big :occasion14: You really hit the silver "Mother Load" there !! Even got a charm bracelet that and the Benny and possibly very old cuff-links too! All of those I am still searching for here, what a hunt !

Thanks CoinandRelicMan! We were told that it has been hunted a lot over the years. I can't imagine how great this place was to be the first ones to hunt it. All the coins were fun to dig but I am very excited over the silver monogrammed cuff link! I have always wanted to dig one. I hope you get those first soon, Good luck!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunt, & some of those coins look to be in great shape.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good night !!! You have done it again. AWESOME. you are putting those other hunters to shame.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one beautiful pile of silver and a fantastic hunt.

Congrats.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that is quite a haul! congrats on all your finds.:occasion14:

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A days hunt like you just had is on my bucket list!! Hope you go back and sweep the area in the opposite direction too!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! It's sure going to be hard to top this hunt. But I don't mind trying! HH & GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread