Epic Hunt Double Silver Half Dollars Silver Dime Trifecta And More!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met up with my buddy Micah yesterday to hunt a spot we wanted to try about an hour away. We got started around an area that we thought would be productive, but the ground was hard packed and didn't have a lot of good signals, but Micah got things going with a Rosie. We moved over to another area and started to find some keepers. In no time at all Micah had 3 Rosies and a Washington and I had dug an old Green River Whiskey watch fob and a Union Ice Cream good luck medal. I finally got a silver with a very nice Barber Dime and after that I dug several Mercs. It was very hot so we took a break in the shade and was talking about how well we were doing and hoped the rest of the hunt went as well. We got back to hunting and right by our shade tree Micah dug another Washington just under the surface and I dug another Merc. We moved to the front of the place and I went down to the lower corner of the property. I wasn't getting much until about time to leave, I got a great sounding signal and dug the 37 Walker. I was so excited to see that big silver in the hole, I took some pics and moved on. Not even 15' away my next signal was screaming half dollar on the Etrac. I thought to myself as I was digging that there is no way this is another half. I about fell over when I saw the Franklin there in my plug. I took my pics, got up checked my hole and there was more, I pulled out the Washington and a wheat as well. I couldn't stay focused after that but managed to dig a Rosie next to that hole for the dime trifecta and my last dig was the silver cuff link which is something I've been wanting to dig. It's crazy how a hunt can start out slow but quickly turn into my best hunt ever! HH David

Attachments

• Epic (8).JPG
    Epic (8).JPG
    139 KB · Views: 255
  • Epic  (4).JPG
    Epic (4).JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 1906.JPG
    1906.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 34

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy Soops! Holy crap bud you get killed it

Zakurie84

Jun 24, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Was waiting for the picture of the whole bunch together, great hunt! Keep it up!

Like "Old Dude" was asking, how do you pick these spots? Is it distance from big cities, history, appearance of the yard, had you driven by it before?

Last edited:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: That is incredible

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Speechless! CONGRATS!!!! That is quite the silver haul!
I hope you have more time to really check that place out!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" You can not be serious " That is absolutely ridiculous !! That would be a good years worth of finds for me - No I'm not Kidding !!

Yeah I am very fortunate to find a spot that can produce like this. I try to do my homework on research too so I can spend my hunt time wisely.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only dream of a hunt like this, unbelievable hunt!! Congrats!!

I'd be happy with just a few of those silvers. I'd be even happier with just one walker. Lol

Thanks Steve! I've seen your awesome finds from this year! I hope you get that Walker soon :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epic is an understatement!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!! That Barber Dime is GORGEOUS!!! :notworthy:

Thanks basque-man! I think that's the best condition Barber I've dug. Most of my older silver is worn thin. All of it's fun to find tho!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still dont own half those coins, good job.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow. I would put that all in my pocket and start doing jumping Jacks just to hear the glorious sound. Killer hunt. Congrats!

Ha Ha! Thanks Aluminum Monster! I do enjoy the sight and sound of silver, there's nothing like it.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion18::icon_flower::occasion16::wav::occasion16::icon_flower::occasion18: I'm falling out of my chair like everyone else! Congrats!:hello2: You two git back thar cuz more is awaiting fer ye! :icon_thumright: Andi

Ha! Thanks g-olden years! Yeah I can't wait to give that place another go!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh! Did you get a time machine and go back to the 1970s for that hunt. That must have been a fun hunt, congrats!

It sure felt like it! Closest I can get to knowing how it must have been back in the day. I'm always joking with my buddy Micah that we should build a time machine, but it seems we never can find a flux capacitor to make it work.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for making me believe places like that still exist. Can you tell us why you picked that spot? Old buildings, old picnic grounds, old park? Why??
That is such a wonderful group of silvers, I would not be able to sleep for a week!

Thanks Old Dude! This was an old school grounds that has been hunted over the years. Sure glad there was somethings still left to dig. I can only imagine how great this place was being the first ones to hunt it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread