What's new

Epic Weekend Hunt: Silver & 14K

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Beez0404 invited me to come up and hunt with him on Saturday. He guaranteed that I would find at least one silver coin, so I greedily accepted the invite.

We went to several places. Mostly old home sites. Here is a list of the finds:

(1) 14K Wedding band "White Rose" 2.5 Gms.
(20) Wheaties.
(4) Silver dimes. Most silver coins that I have ever found in one day.
(3) Jefferson nickels, mistakenly found while looking for another gold ring.
(1) Junk Ring.
(1) Brass petcock part from a hit and miss motor. I put a pic from the internet of the complete unit.
(1) Blue Ridge overall button.
(1) Brass buckle.

I also found a badge from an Anderson Motor Co. automobile. They were built in Rock Hill, SC from 1916 until 1925. A total of 7000 were produced, only 11 are known to exist today. Note that it say "Made In Dixie" on the bottom. I am a car guy, so I consider this to be a really nice find.

It was an epic day of hunting, and I can not thank Beez enough. I would like to formally retract a small portion of the bad things that I have said about him in the past.

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150419_093321_593-1.webp
    IMG_20150419_093321_593-1.webp
    559.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20150418_112730_640-1.webp
    IMG_20150418_112730_640-1.webp
    122.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20150418_182459_073-1.webp
    IMG_20150418_182459_073-1.webp
    335 KB · Views: 197
  • m-h6gB5dqgD9Gr-KTmcY_Kw.webp
    m-h6gB5dqgD9Gr-KTmcY_Kw.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_20150418_160129_784-1.webp
    IMG_20150418_160129_784-1.webp
    137.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20150419_152102_769-1.webp
    IMG_20150419_152102_769-1.webp
    470.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Upvote 46
Congrats on a very nice hunt! Just curious, did y'all mow everything at one time or did you mow a row or two and then detect that?

PS - I'm pretty sure my car badge I found a few weeks ago is more rare than yours. :)

 
Congrats on a very nice hunt! Just curious, did y'all mow everything at one time or did you mow a row or two and then detect that?

PS - I'm pretty sure my car badge I found a few weeks ago is more rare than yours. :)


"We" mowed what was the front yard of the house. After 9 silver coins came out of that area, we mowed some more! It was hot and the grass was knee high, so the push mower was struggling... as were we. Since I found 4 silver dimes, it was well worth it though. I might add that Beez found 3 silver coins too.

Nice Ford badge! I am a Ford guy, so I dig that. The Anderson badge was a real surprise... nice little piece of history... and "Made In Dixie"... just like me! Woo Hoo.
 
Last edited:
Great finds CT. Beez must be an OK guy to invite you and guarantee you silver. Are you holding back the other portion for your return trip and full retraction?:laughing7:

Let's not carried away about Beez being ok but that's a hell of a hunt CT. Happy for Ya bud. That badge may turn out to be the winner of the day.
 
You sure appear to have been listening closely this time.

Nice saves!

WTG!
 
Epic for sure!! WTG Tom!
 
Congrats on a great hunt. I did notice you dug a 52 rosie. Did you damage it on purpose? Maybe you just don't like 1952 coins. You and Jay rocked it.
 
Congratulations on that beautiful gold ring and silver coinage! :occasion14:

I love the Anderson Motor Co.badge and the brass gas valve! :thumbsup:

Congrats again buddy,
Dave

PS. Here's a pic of a Buick & Chevy badge I found a few years ago.
 

Attachments

  • Wed July 4 011.webp
    Wed July 4 011.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Columbus Hunt.webp
    Columbus Hunt.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Great hunt. You found it all! Luv the car badge!
 
Nice digs . Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures with us
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom