What's new

Epic Weekend Hunt: Silver & 14K

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Beez0404 invited me to come up and hunt with him on Saturday. He guaranteed that I would find at least one silver coin, so I greedily accepted the invite.

We went to several places. Mostly old home sites. Here is a list of the finds:

(1) 14K Wedding band "White Rose" 2.5 Gms.
(20) Wheaties.
(4) Silver dimes. Most silver coins that I have ever found in one day.
(3) Jefferson nickels, mistakenly found while looking for another gold ring.
(1) Junk Ring.
(1) Brass petcock part from a hit and miss motor. I put a pic from the internet of the complete unit.
(1) Blue Ridge overall button.
(1) Brass buckle.

I also found a badge from an Anderson Motor Co. automobile. They were built in Rock Hill, SC from 1916 until 1925. A total of 7000 were produced, only 11 are known to exist today. Note that it say "Made In Dixie" on the bottom. I am a car guy, so I consider this to be a really nice find.

It was an epic day of hunting, and I can not thank Beez enough. I would like to formally retract a small portion of the bad things that I have said about him in the past.

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150419_093321_593-1.webp
    IMG_20150419_093321_593-1.webp
    559.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20150418_112730_640-1.webp
    IMG_20150418_112730_640-1.webp
    122.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20150418_182459_073-1.webp
    IMG_20150418_182459_073-1.webp
    335 KB · Views: 197
  • m-h6gB5dqgD9Gr-KTmcY_Kw.webp
    m-h6gB5dqgD9Gr-KTmcY_Kw.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_20150418_160129_784-1.webp
    IMG_20150418_160129_784-1.webp
    137.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20150419_152102_769-1.webp
    IMG_20150419_152102_769-1.webp
    470.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Upvote 46
Great finds CT. Beez must be an OK guy to invite you and guarantee you silver. Are you holding back the other portion for your return trip and full retraction?:laughing7:
 
Great finds CT. Beez must be an OK guy to invite you and guarantee you silver. Are you holding back the other portion for your return trip and full retraction?:laughing7:

Thanks TBD. It was one of my best hunts ever, only my second 14K ring, and the most silver coins I have gotten in one day.

As for "full retraction" it will take a long time for me to retract all of the bad things that I have said, but I am trying!
 
Great hunt Tom..
That Jay is not a bad guy!!!
His bark is a hole lot worse than his bite..
Come on up and hunt with me..
I guarantee you at least 10 pull tabs.!!!! Lol.
 
Beez0404 invited me to come up and hunt with him on Saturday. He guaranteed that I would find at least one silver coin, so I greedily accepted the invite.!

I'm glad you had such a great day on Saturday. You did not mention in your post how much work had to be done just to be able to swing the coil halfway close to the ground. The property had a house on it that was built back in the very early 20's and was torn down about 4 years ago. It is not maintained so is all overgrown. I thought long and hard about who to ask up to hunt it with me. It had to be someone young enough to push the mower through that knee to thigh high grass. And since I found two silvers there already swinging in the few spots where the grass was a bit shorter I knew you were the obvious choice. I think it's time you let the cat out of the bag though regarding your true identity. I got to mow grass and metal detect with a celebrity this weekend. Thanks Robert LaSardo for a fun day cutting and swinging.

full.webp
tom.webp
 
Gold and silver on one hunt, Awesome hunt!! A hunt no doubt you won't forget for awhile.

Congrats on a Sweet hunt and your Best day for silver finds!!
 
What a great day, Tom, congrats on all the superior goodies. The "Made in Dixie" is amazing. Sub 8-)
 
I'm glad you had such a great day on Saturday. You did not mention in your post how much work had to be done just to be able to swing the coil halfway close to the ground. The property had a house on it that was built back in the very early 20's and was torn down about 4 years ago. It is not maintained so is all overgrown. I thought long and hard about who to ask up to hunt it with me. It had to be someone young enough to push the mower through that knee to thigh high grass. And since I found two silvers there already swinging in the few spots where the grass was a bit shorter I knew you were the obvious choice. I think it's time you let the cat out of the bag though regarding your true identity. I got to mow grass and metal detect with a celebrity this weekend. Thanks Robert LaSardo for a fun day cutting and swinging.

View attachment 1149445
View attachment 1149448

That is a good one. If I was really Mr. LaSardo... I would have hired someone to cut that grass for me.

I see that we think alike though, I couldn't help but snap a pic of you mowing too.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150418_144529_845.webp
    IMG_20150418_144529_845.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 170
Hi C.T. fab hunt there, we got rained out this Sunday as has often been happening, its so wet out here seems like the whole area is big mosquito farm, I did get out to the local sandlot and got some fresh dropped zincs etc and a eyeballed plastic Barret :laughing7: Still it made someone happy 8-)
 
That is a good one. If I was really Mr. LaSardo... I would have hired someone to cut that grass for me.

I see that we think alike though, I couldn't help but snap a pic of you mowing too.

LOL!!! It was a LOT of hard work mowing that jungle what with it being so hot out. But in the end it was well worth it.
 
That Anderson motor car badge is really rare! They were only in business 8 years and only 6,000 cars were made. Only about a dozen cars are know to exist today. You might have a real treasure there!
 
Great finds tom!, nothing like a multi silver day!
Congrats on the great hunt, and somehow I think beez wI'll catch on to your sarcasm lol!
 
Cool finds man.. That Anderson plate is sweet.
 
Looks like a great day! Grats to you!
 
THATS A FINE OUTING !!:thumbsup:
 
Silver and gold is always nice Tom. I like some of your other unique finds as well. Great hunt!
 
Silver and gold, nice Tom like that dirt shot....:icon_thumleft:
 
Well that certainly was a good hunt Tom. Not sure how Beez pulled it off guaranteeing you a silver, but he did well, didn't he?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom