Equinox hunt #7 new user notes

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Was able to get my 2nd wheatie of the year a 1940-d, first with the Equinox... and an 88 Canadian cent. A few dollars in clad again... I have completely changed my style from years ago...as I try to learn the Equinox...

This time for enjoyment... I missed that my last time I detected...I want my posts to be helpful to anyone that reads them and always willing to try any suggested tips from members...

A few new user notes...total coin count has gone up slightly with the 6 inch coil... I just started to play around with the different settings besides the sensitivity which I needed to lower in my area from day one...

To be honest..I actually prefer the full size standard coil 11inch...but weight wise the 6 inch makes sense..except it seems too light at times where you will feel like it is going to rip right off the shaft...Also can become a little bouncy... causing you to miss spots...

I have previously hunted with much better 6 inch coils balance wise with the dfx and the explorer se...the Eclipse 5.3 and the double D... and they are tremendous at finding coins...MUCH better balance wise..

Second time out with the six inch coil...I am go the opposite of what everyone is saying...Some of you that remember me I worked very well with my dfx years ago...

I found with the six inch coil an extremely slow movement among the trash is best...I basically went to the trashy area and pulled good signals from bad...My thought I am actually going to LOWER my recovery speed looking for a crisper clearer signal and the readings and tones I need... I know I will get disagreement here... but I will get it right...
Quick bleeps do not work for me... If recovery in the 1-4 area does not work for me I will turn up...

Attachments

• 3 9 22 first wheatie with nox 40-d.jpg
    3 9 22 first wheatie with nox 40-d.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 60
  • 3 9 22 $2.46 equnox.jpg
    3 9 22 $2.46 equnox.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 12

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was able to get my 2nd wheatie of the year a 1940-d, first with the Equinox... and an 88 Canadian cent. A few dollars in clad again... I have completely changed my style from years ago...as I try to learn the Equinox...

This time for enjoyment... I missed that my last time I detected...I want my posts to be helpful to anyone that reads them and always willing to try any suggested tips from members...

A few new user notes...total coin count has gone up slightly with the 6 inch coil... I just started to play around with the different settings besides the sensitivity which I needed to lower in my area from day one...

To be honest..I actually prefer the full size standard coil 11inch...but weight wise the 6 inch makes sense..except it seems too light at times where you will feel like it is going to rip right off the shaft...Also can become a little bouncy... causing you to miss spots...

I have previously hunted with much better 6 inch coils balance wise with the dfx and the explorer se...the Eclipse 5.3 and the double D... and they are tremendous at finding coins...MUCH better balance wise..

Second time out with the six inch coil...I am go the opposite of what everyone is saying...Some of you that remember me I worked very well with my dfx years ago...

I found with the six inch coil an extremely slow movement among the trash is best...I basically went to the trashy area and pulled good signals from bad...My thought I am actually going to LOWER my recovery speed looking for a crisper clearer signal and the readings and tones I need... I know I will get disagreement here... but I will get it right...
Quick bleeps do not work for me... If recovery in the 1-4 area does not work for me I will turn up...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds as you learn the Nox. I experiment all the time with coil size, recovery speed, iron bias, etc. I tried to learn them as well as possible and then apply the best settings to the conditions where I'm hunting. It's a great machine and your finds will continue to grow and get even better- Good luck going forward!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Congrats on your finds as you learn the Nox. I experiment all the time with coil size, recovery speed, iron bias, etc. I tried to learn them as well as possible and then apply the best settings to the conditions where I'm hunting. It's a great machine and your finds will continue to grow and get even better- Good luck going forward!
Thanks for the feedback.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread