All Treasure Hunting

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a Canadian fishscale at 8” with mine

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I notice the EMI was higher in 5khz and also in multi and that could be actually a good thing. You may have to lower the sensitivity to reduce the EMI.
But that means the processor is more sensitive and that would be the reason it can go deeper at the 4khz that the EMI is less ate that freq.
just thinking and guessing here. It dose look promising.

Doug

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SLQ at 8", correct? Have you tried like 10" or more?

OP
OP
Iffy Signals

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SLQ at 8", correct? Have you tried like 10" or more?

Have not tried yet. Deepest in the garden is a 9” SLQ and it hits that. I have an 8” merc it hits allot better than in multi.

OP
OP
Iffy Signals

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice the EMI was higher in 5khz and also in multi and that could be actually a good thing. You may have to lower the sensitivity to reduce the EMI.
But that means the processor is more sensitive and that would be the reason it can go deeper at the 4khz that the EMI is less ate that freq.
just thinking and guessing here. It dose look promising.

Doug

Yea it ran really stable in 4kz. If i turned around in the video you would see the street and im basically right under power lines. I can run it really quiet at 20 in my test garden any higher and it acts up. That new 4 im able to get up to 22/23 and still be useable.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a silver quarter at 9, 10 and 11". At 8" most of the machines I have used 4 different manufacturers, assuming half decent soil and a little moisture in the ground, was a good target. At 9" a lot of the machines started to "lose it"!

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I spent 3 hrs in a hard to detect ground 7 dimes 3 nickels and the rest penny’s total 98 cent which is good for that park.
my conclusion was pinpointing is much better.
signals were mor solid and TDI much more better. I’m happy with 3.0
Doug

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've also noticed that single frequency is the WTG with coin shooting.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only ever run my 800 on MULTI frequency. Am I missing out on something? I'm currently on version 2 (did the first update, a year ago).

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
I've only ever run my 800 on MULTI frequency. Am I missing out on something? I'm currently on version 2 (did the first update, a year ago).
All upgrades are improvements.
3.0 is a stand alone frequency and is not in multi but you can switch to it if you get a weak high tone in multi. Also the 3.0 seams to be more stable.
Doug

OP
OP
Iffy Signals

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I mostly stay in multi as well but ML made this 4kz really stable and able to hit some nice deep silver so it’s definitely worth doing the update and go hit the places you think are cleaned out. On my Deus if I tried 4kz i would be really unstable. Whatever ML did made this new 4kz even more stable than multi and able to really jack up the sensitivity even in tough emi spots.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mostly stay in multi as well but ML made this 4kz really stable and able to hit some nice deep silver so it’s definitely worth doing the update and go hit the places you think are cleaned out. On my Deus if I tried 4kz i would be really unstable. Whatever ML did made this new 4kz even more stable than multi and able to really jack up the sensitivity even in tough emi spots.

Hey, Iffy. I just got back from trying 4K out at my local old park and found that it quickly drove me nuts with all the chirping. Everything was chirping with a high tone. I tried sensitivity ranging from 18-22, recovery speeds from 3-5... nothing seemed to matter. I buried a 4" dime and found that I actually had to listen for the average tone to DROP. It did ring in clearly at 25-28 VDI but I could not live with the constant chirps.

I told a friend about it and she was wondering if you had maybe tweaked your tone breaks. I said that I doubted it, but that I would ask. So, I'm asking.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Iron Buzz.
What pattern was in and also was it 1 or 2 of that pattern.
you may need to go below 18 on sensitivity.
was the chatter EMI.
guessing you may want to use multi and switch to 4 khz on iffy weak signals.
I’ll leave it to Iffy.
Doug

OP
OP
Iffy Signals

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Iffy. I just got back from trying 4K out at my local old park and found that it quickly drove me nuts with all the chirping. Everything was chirping with a high tone. I tried sensitivity ranging from 18-22, recovery speeds from 3-5... nothing seemed to matter. I buried a 4" dime and found that I actually had to listen for the average tone to DROP. It did ring in clearly at 25-28 VDI but I could not live with the constant chirps.

I told a friend about it and she was wondering if you had maybe tweaked your tone breaks. I said that I doubted it, but that I would ask. So, I'm asking.

No i dont have anything Tweaked other than a couple of the tone breaks slightly moved 18 into the third bin for pennies but thats it. I can see how that would happen mayne because the low 4kz is up averaging junk targets?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread