What's new

Escudo coin

Donna1

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 1, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what this coin is ? image.webp
 
Upvote 4
Do you have more info or better pictures?
 
Escudos are gold. That doesn't look gold.
 
Welcome to the forum. Not sure it's a coin. Anything on the other side, where was it found?
 
That didn't open. Could be a REALE, a Spanish coin. Try this test. Drop if a few inches off a wood table. Reale's are silver, if it's silver it will give off a solid ring when it hits.

Need a better pic.
 
This is a shot in the dark but it kinda looks like the Mayan calender I don't have any knowledge of foreign coins but great find plz post better pictures
 
i have seen that design before but i cant place it hopefully it comes to me
 
Looks very Cobby. I may see a shield like Phillip II.
 
Reverse side picture please.
 
That didn't open. Could be a REALE, a Spanish coin. Try this test. Drop if a few inches off a wood table. Reale's are silver, if it's silver it will give off a solid ring when it hits.

Need a better pic.

Just an FYI, but that test doesn't work with silver that has been in the water a long time, I have dug a lot of silver that no longer has that "ring" to it.
 
THIS is a very interesting post!
 
Looks like an old silver 1 Real Spanish pillar cob. Likely from either the 17th or 18th century. :thumbsup:
 
I found one in north Carolina that looks like your picture,does anyone know what it is.in0505160918.webp0505160915.webp
 
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
I can't tell you WHAT it is, but I can tell you what it represents: An 8 reales "pillars and waves" Spanish silver coin called a 'cob'.
Don......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom