...еster...What is this?

Girl

Jul 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys :)
What could mean be "...еster" ?And that could mean word "CO' Y" ?Usually if there have "Co" (company )is a have the point "."(Co.)What is this?
search.JPG

Sorry for my English, i live in Russia and it found here...

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
co'y would still mean company or possibly county

ester is the end of the previous word

for example winchester company. or winchester county

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sorry for my english I live in America

Upvote 0

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Welcome to the board :) It may be a piece of farm machinery and the word is "Harvester". Deering Harvester Company put their name on their equipment that way (using Co'y).

Attachments

• harvester.jpg
    harvester.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Girl

Girl

Jul 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much!!! :icon_flower: You really helped me :)

Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
search.JPG

Sorry for my English, i live in Russia and it found here...

So you found this in Russia?

International Harvester did have a large presence there, and even helped set up the infamous tractor plant in the USSR. To my understanding, these tractors and other farm equipment was built under a licensing agreement from International Harvester. International Harvester helped design and built the plant, and also outfitted it with the necessary tooling and equipment to build those tractors.

If I am not mistaken, isn't the tractor factory IH helped build the site of where the valiant and heroic Russian soldiers held back the Nazi's during WWII, and was a pivotal battle and turning point for Russia and the Allies during WWII?

Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
If the item you have came from a piece of IH machinery, which is very possible, considering that between 1924 and 1934, an estimated 100,000 American tractors were exported to the USSR.

Here is a cool link:

Power and Ideas: North-South Politics of Intellectual Property and Antitrust - Susan K. Sell - Google Books

Also, if you think it is possibly a piece from an IH tractor, plow or cultivator, you might ask the guys at:

Red Power Magazine Community

Those are some pretty knowledgeable guys that really know antique IH equipment!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Girl

Girl

Jul 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you found this in Russia?
If I am not mistaken, isn't the tractor factory IH helped build the site of where the valiant and heroic Russian soldiers held back the Nazi's during WWII, and was a pivotal battle and turning point for Russia and the Allies during WWII?
Yes...
During WWII all the tractor factories have changed so that they were produced tanks to the front.
clovis97, thanks for the info also! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread