Etrac on its way

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Etrac on it's way

Awesome! You will love the new machine!

tiggar

Sep 26, 2011
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Congrats, and HH with your new machine !!!! Once you go Minelab there is no turning back......

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other

I hope to be posting a similar thread this Spring when I order mine. Right now, I'll be using my Excal till the ground and water freeze. HH
-Ox

OP
OP
E

Electricboy

Greenie
Nov 21, 2011
Ogdensburg,NY
Detector(s) used
Etrac ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm really excited about the minelab! I've been watching YouTube videos of the etrac and from I see it's an amazing machine. I live in a area that's full of history. It was originally settled in 1749 when they built a fort. And there was a minor battle in the war of 1812 here! My house was built in 1899 and my parents farm house was built in 1889! I've have cellar holes and several old parks and all kinds of virgin sites! With my old detectors I've never found a lot of coins. I did find an 1810 large cent once but other than that I've never found any old coins. Ive found some old wheat pennies, buffalo nickels and silver roosies dump digging! I was metal detecting in a park and spotted a 1917 merc laying on the surface probaly due to construction! For relics I think my best find was a broad axe most likely used to hew logs for my parents house in the 1880s! There's so much potential here I can't wait to get started with the new machine! I'm going to start out using the quick start listed in the Manuel and go from there as I learn the machine! Thanks!

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

" I did find an 1810 large cent once, BUT OTHER THAN THAT"

I like how you just blow that off lol.

Good luck with E-Trac you are going to have a lot of fun with it...especially if those sites truly are virgin ground.

OP
OP
E

Electricboy

Greenie
Nov 21, 2011
Ogdensburg,NY
Detector(s) used
Etrac ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah that definitely was a great find! I had it graded at au 58 corroded. The corrosion was very light! Ill have to post some pictures when I'm at home for more than 5 minutes. I can't seem to post pictures from my iPhone. I guess it because it's an apple product.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Oh yes, I hope to make this same post, soon... :hello2:

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just got my e-trac a few months ago and also used an ace 250. There is a big learning curve with the e-trac but it is a great detector. Don't always go by the numbers, even some of the questionable sounds turned out being something good. Just be patient and you'll get it !!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fbjr said:
I just got my e-trac a few months ago and also used an ace 250. There is a big learning curve with the e-trac but it is a great detector. Don't always go by the numbers, even some of the questionable sounds turned out being something good. Just be patient and you'll get it !!

Great advice here. It really is a turn on and go machine right out of the box. With a few settings tweaked the Minelab E-Trac cant be beat for coins or deep silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread