❎ SOLD ETRAC with Stealth X8 - Almost new $1200.00

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm selling my ETRAC to fund another metal detector. I purchased this detector in December of 2015 so there is plenty of warranty remaining. I've done extremely well with this machine but decided to upgrade anyway. I'm also including a new Stealth X8 coil with lower shaft (used once - still have blank warranty card). Asking $1200 PayPal (add 3% for non friends/family) shipped to CONUS. You'll get the original owners manual and battery packs. The machine is clean and well maintained - I always wrap the grips with vet wrap so it's still like new. You will not be disappointed with this deal!

Thanks for looking!

Jon

IMG_1366.JPG IMG_1367.JPG IMG_1364.JPG IMG_1368.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnnoh

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll throw in the Sabisch book also . . .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnnoh

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have an unused pair of Koss UR-30 headphones that I will include.

OP
OP
Johnnoh

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OR - $950 for the Etrac without the X8. I packed it up yesterday in the original box and it really looks fantastic - it's super clean. I really hate to give it up, but the wife says I have to pay for the CTX by selling some stuff.

IMG_1372.JPG

OP
OP
Johnnoh

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm dropping the price now to $900 for just the detector OR $1050 for the package with X8

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go 700 on it with the extra coil if it is in good condition.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May have a windfall coming, oh I like this.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would go 700 on it with the extra coil if it is in good condition.

Pretty rude, you should at least have the courtesy to make lowball offers via pm.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is worth more than $700, Johnnoh, hold for your price.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do you say Johnnoh? I believe 700 is a fair offer for a used electronic. I am not trying to shoot you a horrible offer. I am trying to limit my risk. From my viewpoint, I believe it is reasonable. I personally am in the market for a Deus but have been hearing good things about the Etrac. This gives me the opportunity to try the Etrac with less risk. I am taking a chance at buying a used electronic which could in fact be faulty. I am not saying that Johnnoh is dishonest, but I am saying that sometimes things sold over the internet have problems with them that are unknown to the buyer due to being unable to see the product. I am just trying to make Johnnoh an offer on the machine which he posted 2 weeks ago and got no bites. So here I am making an offer. It is his to accept or reject. Not for wiseguys to berate me about what I offered up.

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adding to my post above, has anyone ever tried to sell your big screen television? Or any other electronic for that matter? There is a reason why you don't get the $1500 back out of that tv set. That is the nature of electronics or even a car. As soon as you drive it off of the lot, the value has diminished significantly.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your not assuming much of a risk with a machine that has almost 2 1/2 yrs of warranty left, The Etrac's value hold very well and have over the years. I'm sure the reason it hasn't sold, and not much is right now, is due to the extreme heat wave and guys not doing much hunting because of that. I've sold and bought 4 year old machines for 750-850 with no problem. Your overstating the risk just a bit.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adding to my post above, has anyone ever tried to sell your big screen television? Or any other electronic for that matter? There is a reason why you don't get the $1500 back out of that tv set. That is the nature of electronics or even a car. As soon as you drive it off of the lot, the value has diminished significantly.

Detectors are not TVs, detectors hold their values for years. 15 year old excals sell for $850-$950 all day long... $700 is not a fair offer on an ETrac that sells for $1500 new and that still has 30 months of warranty.....

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, this one has turned into the "Shortbus is a jerk thread." But seriously, am I that far off base for making my offer? After all, I don't see anybody else posting up an offer.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's only been up for sale for 3 weeks. I think mine took a couple months to sell. Johnnoh, you hold on to it, and don't be bothered by the roaches picking at your crumbs. For what you are offering with it, it is a very reasonable price. There's always someone looking to capitalize on opportunity. The "Ignore" button works just fine.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's because offers are usually pm'd, you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes brother, juss saying. 700 is lowballing on an Etrac with that much warranty.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, this one has turned into the "Shortbus is a jerk thread." But seriously, am I that far off base for making my offer? After all, I don't see anybody else posting up an offer.

You made the offer, and you're right, no one else has made an offer - that we know of.

But it's the way you made the offer, denigrating the deal publicly and repeatedly. Should have PM'd your offer.....

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your tact Dan. To everyone else, forgive me for making an offer. Usually when people make an offer, the seller counters the offer or accepts what the buyer has offered up. I didn't realize that making an offer makes me a roach. Once again, I did not see anyone else offering to buy this man's detector. There is no need for the namecalling, which I guarantee wouldn't happen face-to-face. So sit back in your chair and cast stones from across the internet if it makes you feel good.

OP
OP
Johnnoh

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, for $700 I'd rather keep it.

Top Member Reactions