What's new

Evening hunt yields Barber Quarter.

The Buzzard King

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
643
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
I knocked on a door for permission tonight and got a YES.
I found a site on the 1873 Atlas tonight that shows where a house once stood, but is no longer there.
The only thing that indicated the house stood there was a big old stone wall, with an opening in the middle. The new owners of the property built a new house way further back on the lot of land.
I showed the owner the old atlas, and he let me have a go at the area that I thought would have been the front yard of the original house. Pretty cool.
I did this all after 7pm, so I didn't have much time. I kinda tried to cherry pick the area with higher discrimination before darkness set in.
I found tons of wheats, but this was the only silver coin I recovered.
A 1909 Barber Quarter at about 7 inches.
I'll try to get back up there again soon, and take my time.
Thanks for looking. TBK.
 

Attachments

  • 056.webp
    056.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 758
  • 042.webp
    042.webp
    37 KB · Views: 748
Upvote 0
Very nice BK. I bet you popout a few more on your next trip too :thumbsup:
 
Another great barbed quarter found. Makes me want to find one even more. Great find.
JDD
 
Great job doing the research, congrats on the Barber Quarter, nice coin for sure WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn
 
Great find, I love Barbers.
 
Awesome find !!!!! Love to find Barber Quarters :thumbsup:
 
Nice. Love those Barbers.
 
Nice Barber quarter, TBK.. :thumbsup: Your research really payed off. Got to be more there!!

Good Luck!

CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Gotta love it when the research works out.
 
Thats the best looking one I've ever seen.
Congrats.
 
That is one great looking quarter. Nice job.

NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom