Hardly fair slagging of any company if you have failed to complain about the product, they can't put right something, if they know nothing about it in the first place.
SS
OK, here goes. I tried to do this in a nondescript manner because I like Garrett products and the ATP, as I believe that I mentioned in the original post. There was no ulterior motive to the post. I was simply wondering if I was having bad luck with the machine and or if these issues were generaly more common than I realised in the industry as a whole, because I have only owned three machines. An ACE 250, Tesoro Tejon and the AT Pro, all bought new. I also knew that the ATP had teething problems years back so I waited a while before buying. To tell the truth I love the machine, it rocks. But first the arm cuff went on it. No biggy, I just glued and fiberglassed it back, no complaints to anyone, anywhere about it. I didn't deem it worthy of a fuss. Then I saw posts were people were getting replacemnets for them, I still didn't want to bother about it. Then later the land headphones connection came apart. That was about three weeks or so ago. After this I noticed a horizontal air pocket running across the screen. This is when I had a moment of frustration. Recently I have read that, and it is confirmed here, this is a minor issue that will not affect function, which is cool, so I will forget about it. I just went through a one, two, three punch that rubbed my fur the wrong way and I wondered what the he.. was next. As I said, it was a real dichotomy as I think that the machine rocks, thus another reason why I tried to shield Garrett in the original post. Anyway....... to back up a bit. I emailed garrett after the land phones failure. I got a prompt reply to contact the west coast distributor because I live in the west. I did and was directed to contact the east coast distributor (Canada), which I did, because I bought the machine from Ontario. We did our thing and I waited patiently. Then impatiently as I watched the mail box for about two weeks. Then after more emails were I was told that the package was delivered but I didn't pick it up, I got the tracking number from them. The package was sent to the wrong address about a thousand miles away. I saw this and mailed the distributor yesterday telling them about the shipping snafu. This is were its at now. I had previously sent them via email my complete name and address. And if they had of given me a heads up that they shipped, and or sent the tracking number I would have seen the shipping foul up a week ago. But there never was a shipping heads up, I wasn't even positive if something was shipping. As I said, the arm cuff was not an issue for me, I did a self repair and enjoyed the machine, which I still do. But I could not repair the headphones were the tiny wires came apart, so I had to do something then. And when the display bubble issue came up I kind of popped. I tried my best to be patient through this and I understand human error with the shipping. I have not sent foul language to anyone, anywhere, regardless of my frustration at times. And I repeat that I tried to do this as a generic post with the intent of getting a feel if these issues are fairly normal for any manufacturer. I don't know, it was my first time to have multiple issues with a machine. I made the stupid mistake of forgetting about the machines that I had listed. There was no foul intent here other than trying to vent frustration and gain some perspective. B.T.W., thanks Wayne for your help, I sent you an email. I feel like a dummy because of the listed machines. It was not my intent for the innocent inquiry to go in this direction.