Ever heard of a short snorter? Well, now you have.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ShortSnorterObv.jpg
    ShortSnorterObv.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 620
  • ShortSnorterRev.jpg
    ShortSnorterRev.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 645

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Link Dosn't work.

In fact I'm Going to need to Restart My Computer to get rid of What Popped Up :-\

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
The link works fine for me, too. Interesting info, Dig... thanks for posting!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kinda look's like it was rolled up at one time :D .....Thank's Diggum.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's Working This time "D"

Waco Kid

Apr 21, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
During World War II, a short snorter was a little less than a full drink at a bar. But an aircrew member's short snorter was a chain of paper currency, taped together, end-to-end, from various countries they had visited. The longer your short snorter, the more countries you had visited. Long short-snorters also meant free drinks at the bar, since the person with the shortest one had to buy the round, says retired Lt. Col. Edward J. Komyati, an aviation historian and former WW II pilot.

Wow! That link solved a mystery I have wondered about for years. My dad was a pilot in WWII. When his squadron finished their training at Greenville, SC, they had to ferry their B-25s to their first base of operations, in North Africa. They went by way of Central and South America, then crossed over to Africa at the narrowest part of the Atlantic. As the war progressed, they moved to Sicily, then mainland Italy, then to eastern India by way of the Suez Canal. When I was a kid, I always liked to play with this huge roll of paper money he had. All the bills were taped together, and they were from countries in all of those regions. When I asked, he just told me they were all from countries he'd been to. I guess he thought Mom would get mad if he told me the part about the free drinks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread