What's new

Ever spend one of your keepers by accident?

JJtheRollHunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I hope that this post doesn't make any of you angry at yourself for doing it. I'm just curious. If I remember correctly, Rich, wasn't it you that accidentally cashed in a 16D Merc when you were selling your silver dime rolls? Sorry if that was you.
Post about these accidents if it dosen't make you too angry.
 
Upvote 0
JJ, If you count being a dumba$$, I can add something to your post. I had a Ziploc bag of Bens and Walkers jump off the seat of my car,smash the window and they ran off never to be seen again. I don't even drink so I can only blame myself for not securing them. I have accidentally paid for stuff with silver halves jangling in my pocket. I am a very slow learner JJ. I hope you get wise before you get old. Cheers, Jim
 
coolpix9 said:
JJ, If you count being a dumba$$, I can add something to your post. I had a Ziploc bag of Bens and Walkers jump off the seat of my car,smash the window and they ran off never to be seen again. I don't even drink so I can only blame myself for not securing them. I have accidentally paid for stuff with silver halves jangling in my pocket. I am a very slow learner JJ. I hope you get wise before you get old. Cheers, Jim
I'm guessing you don't drive for the funeral home then? lol, there has to be a good story behind the ziplock bag episode, do tell sir!

Chuck.
 
Tattooguy67 said:
coolpix9 said:
JJ, If you count being a dumba$$, I can add something to your post. I had a Ziploc bag of Bens and Walkers jump off the seat of my car,smash the window and they ran off never to be seen again. I don't even drink so I can only blame myself for not securing them. I have accidentally paid for stuff with silver halves jangling in my pocket. I am a very slow learner JJ. I hope you get wise before you get old. Cheers, Jim
I'm guessing you don't drive for the funeral home then? lol, there has to be a good story behind the ziplock bag episode, do tell sir!

Chuck.

Doesn't sound like a good story .Sounds like a smash and grab to me.
 
I'm very careful not to spend my keepers. Lets hope it stays that way.
 
Yes, before I was a CRH and before I knew that some coins were silvers I found a Silver rosie
on the coin star machine and spend it since I did not know it was 90% silver.

I think it as a 1954 rosie.

DW
 
Two years ago I dug an 1864 bronze indian cent. Carried it in my pocket to show a few people. That day I also dumped some mixed coin into the counter. Along went the indian, into the counter.
Didn't realize what I had done until later. Went back, explained, they let me buy the cent bag and I got it back, whew!
 
would have to say I would not make the mistake either because i am "organized" but if i sold some i may sell a key date as a regular coin as i don't know all the keys
 
Closest I've come is not catching a 40%er during a box search, dumping the rejects the next day at a bank's coin counter and having the counter keep rejecting it. I picked it out of the reject shoot three times and put it back into the machine; before I realized it as a '67.

Luckily it was a coin counter that rejects silver.

On that thought, if you really trusted a particular coin counter to reject silver, you wouldn't even have to search. Just open the rolls and run them through the machine.

But where's the fun it that. 8)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom