Ever wonder why so many views and minimal replies?

M

michigan michael

Ever wonder why so many views and minimal replies?

No real point to this post other than I was wondering why there are so many views on topics and most people don't even post a WTG. I look at Bandb1's post. 216 views and 9 replies. I know that it adds up every time you click on it but, that is a lot of clicking. He had some nice silver there. Lets pat our fellow hunters on the back and keep it fun. A couple of others are postalgriff and mike from mi. Both had over 100 views with only 10 replies. I know I like to read feedback from everyone when I post and I am sure most everyone else feels the same. It makes the forum fun. I love seeing everyone's finds and hope nobody gets board and quits posting due to lack of response. We all should try and send some kind of response. Even if it is just a WTG. Just my 2 cents. Happy hunting everyone! :headbang:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
There are usually more non-members on here looking at posts than members. Non-members can't post a reply. I like to browse, but I rarely reply.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cheese said:
There are usually more non-members on here looking at posts than members. Non-members can't post a reply.

yeah thats a good point I never thought of. I was just looking at the michigan forum and there are 5 members and 5 guests viewing it plus one hidden. I try to always reply to the michiganders but dont have enough time to reply to all of the today's finds, although I do like to look and reply occasionally. Also, sometimes I go back and re-read some of the new replies adding another view but not another comment. I do get excited about being able to post good finds on here and look forward to the comments, this is a great site and a lot of fun. Griff

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is because some just don't care to reply, some are only lurking and waiting to find a site when mentioned. ( too lazy to find their own) :nono:
I agree with you. Give your fellow beepers a pat on the back! :)

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

postalgriff said:
cheese said:
There are usually more non-members on here looking at posts than members. Non-members can't post a reply.

yeah thats a good point I never thought of. I was just looking at the michigan forum and there are 5 members and 5 guests viewing it plus one hidden. I try to always reply to the michiganders but dont have enough time to reply to all of the today's finds, although I do like to look and reply occasionally. Also, sometimes I go back and re-read some of the new replies adding another view but not another comment. I do get excited about being able to post good finds on here and look forward to the comments, this is a great site and a lot of fun. Griff

I agree, its impossible to reply to everything on here but if you are already in the post viewing, it only takes a second to reply WTG if you are busy. It just keeps it fun to read everyone replies. just my 2 cents again. ok 4 cents now. lol :D

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Mike from MI said:
I think it is because some just don't care to reply, some are only lurking and waiting to find a site when mentioned. ( too lazy to find their own) :nono:
I agree with you. Give your fellow beepers a pat on the back! :)
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Guess I have been remiss in my duties . I've been laying quiet so as not to being accused of just trying to build posts or being redundant for posting WTG or a :icon_thumright:

White Nutz

Greenie
Aug 6, 2008
Ferndale Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
well since I have not figured out the two machines I have I have little to contribute. So I guess I have looked at each and every post of finds for sure since about maybe April yet have not commented.Why? Well I felt I know so little that my comments would be first from a guy with no experience and so hence less value. But second I get majorly over excited that these things are being found in my locality and don't want to overeact to the point where I come off as some kind of wierdo. Recent history for me was just like most from say age 35 to 53.Work, and little time to get serious about my little Whites detector. However 4 years ago I was made to quit working. Sleep disorders and truck driving don't mix.Well 4 years of no income cause ne t become reclusive if you behave. No money =No getting around due to gas prices.I did trade a nice camera outfit for a Whites XLT and then I aquired a Whites Surf machine 2 years ago . Still have not gone out but I can now. Some major relief in the form of S.S. bennies are going to come in a couple months so I can loosen up a few $$ from time to time. So in conclusion I felt that being an over exited source of little experience I just lurked instead of showing how enthusiastic I got over some of the finds.
My nature is to always try to contribute in any way I can but maybe thought wrong about my actual value about if I did comment. I will in the future as much as I can. I watch my 7 year old son during the day so I just flit in sometimes and then leave when he needs me which as one could imagine is quite often. We get 4 ice cream trucks a day...Big fun there explaining store bought 1/2 gallons being as cheap as two from the truck as often as I have too.He gets it till another truck comes again....! Plus a new grasshopper is something a father must go check out ya know...LOL!.Plus he is a good kid...He isn't feeding them into the spider webs.....Michael

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not much of a talker or typer, but I will be more active on these boards. Thanks!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I just love looking at all that is found. I don't post too much of my own unless I think it is pretty good. I try to respond when I have lots of time to spare which is not often! lol

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's prolly cause folks don't want to say something just to say it--if it doesn't mean anything. There is a member here whose posting history is pages and pages of :icon_thumleft: or :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:.

Maybe it's a rating system for him. If it's anything dug, it gets a :icon_thumleft:--and if it's a little better than just anything it gets a :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:.

I call it garbage. I try to say something meaningful when I reply, or else I don't reply at all.

Guilty as charged--but also unwilling to change. :wink:

-Buckles

F

Felinepeachy

BuckleBoy said:
It's prolly cause folks don't want to say something just to say it--if it doesn't mean anything. There is a member here whose posting history is pages and pages of :icon_thumleft: or :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:.

Maybe it's a rating system for him. If it's anything dug, it gets a :icon_thumleft:--and if it's a little better than just anything it gets a :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:.

I call it garbage. I try to say something meaningful when I reply, or else I don't reply at all.

-Buckles
:thumbsup: ;D

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BuckleBoy said:

-Buckles

:read2: I noticed that also.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
And sometimes it is just plain hard to type on a keyboard covered in drool?

Kidding aside, I've noticed the same thing with so many viewing, but so few posting replys.

I usually post if I have something meaningful to add, but on the other hand encouragment is pretty meaningful.

Good Luck,
Mark

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Guess I am a bit guilty of never replying as much as I want to.

I usually never reply unless I feel like I am contributing in my response, and I have not felt that way by posting a WTG type response. Hmm seeing that a simple "way to go" can be a positive response I will try to acknowledge my fellow treasure hunters a little bit more in the future.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions