What's new

Evidence brinks is culling silver halves

bluesalt

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Upvote 0
They're not in the business to cull silver. They don't have 2 guys in the back room doing this. Their business is big because they sell the banks what they order. The money they make, it's not worth their time. I guarantee you they have to sign paperwork stating they won't pull any coin to keep personally, probably not even allowed to have money in their pocket to start with.
 
I'd think the employees working in close proximity to coinage, wouldn't be allowed to bring anything on their person, and probably have to pass through a metal detector upon leaving
 
They do not cull the silver. Are main worry are the large silver investors that purchase large quantities of silver coin to melt it down for sale and profit. This happened on a large scale in the late 70´s and 80´s and can happen again. That puts the largest hurt on silver finds.

Golden Silver
 
I bet the only time a human even touches the coins is when the employees off load the truck. Even then, they probably have a conveyor belt that extends into the back of the armored truck just to speed the process up. Don't kid yourselves people, this is a huge automated business, high speed machines do all the work 100's of times faster than any crew of people could ever do. Do you really think that all of the coins get dumped out on a table and some smucks stand around and cherry pick?

I also seem to remember some Brinks drivers got fired for opening the boxes and replacing the silver with clad.

I also remember hearing of just 1 company that that was their only objective (getting silver), I think it was out in CA but a small company. But from what I remember they quit, it wasn't worth it when you have to cover business expences (wages, building, securtiy, ect...) Anybody remember hearing about that?
 
My brother in law's best friend works at brinks and said no they are not.
 
I think the time it gets grabbed is before they pick up the bags at the bank.

I actually heard a conversation the other day to confirm this. I was in a new bank and heard someone complaining about a coin being in the bag from out in the back. "That coin is silver and worth $35 and there is another one and another one, why did you seal it!". I thought it was an employee but then out walks a Brinks driver who was doing the pick-up of their change sorter bags.

I did buy three rolls of halves from them that day which had a few 40%s so they obviously didn't search the bags or rolls that day but this driver was schooling them on it. It wouldn't take long for a driver to get all the banks on his run to be willing partners but once they seal up one of those bags I think it is heading into the system. The problem the driver has is that they can't carry around any quantity of coins or they will chance getting busted by Brinks and fired. Once the bank employees get hip to the silver then they may find themselves being fired for tampering with one of those bags so they are back to buying them when they come into their tills. It is probably a little easier for the smaller banks to bend the rules but not at the ones with a lot of employees hanging around.


I also have had some good luck with Brinks bags. My best from them was 35 coins.

Maine_Jim
 
I have had great boxes from brinks so far. Over a 100 keepers just once. My average is close to 23.
I hear that brinks has very tight security and watches very close and plays no games. On the other
hand Loomis is loose, change laying everywhere being walked on and over and never or rarely gets
picked up.
 
NO Do not think Brinks is culling Silver from Halves as about 7 weeks ago in one Box of Brinks Rolled Halves found 264 Silver, 256 of them were %40'ers couple of liberty's & a Franklin.
 
wow obedia what state do you live in? i am currently on a streak of skunk boxes from brinks. 11 in a row
 
I have had almost 3 months of bad boxes from brinks now.........they seem to be getting worse by the week
 
In the Coinstar machine in my store the other day I didn't find any halves but I did find two WW2 steal pennies in the reject slot,it pays to look at it. ::)
 
IMPORTANT INFO: My teller called Brinks today to inquire about their "recirculation" process. She was told that they are now selling halves to a 3rd party PRIOR to rolling them specifically for the purpose of pulling the silver. May be game over for me, as they are the only game in town. (St. Louis Area).
 
Hmmmm??? Can anyone show any time of article or news release that shows evidence? No offense DA1984, I was just wondering if anyone had seen anything published about this.
 
I was standing there when she called. Why would they issue a news release?
 
Because nothing is secret any longer. Hell this week AOL and Yahoo broadcast CRH'ing to the entire world!! With how to instructions, so I was just wondering if anyone can back up your claim.
 
I'm still not sure I get it either, since just 4 weeks ago I bought a Brinks box from the bank that had 72 silvers in it, but my last 5 have all been skunks, and 7 out of the last 10.
 
I've been moving at about the same pace. One brinks box produced close to 20 silvers, then 6 skunks in a row. I am not saying that its impossible for them to outsorce, just seems a little farfetched.
 
da1984 said:
IMPORTANT INFO: My teller called Brinks today to inquire about their "recirculation" process. She was told that they are now selling halves to a 3rd party PRIOR to rolling them specifically for the purpose of pulling the silver. May be game over for me, as they are the only game in town. (St. Louis Area).


This is freakin' ridiculous! I could maybe see Brinks buying super duper machines that spit out silver, but what company is going to buy halves from Brinks to sort through them and then send them back? That would be like CRHers buying every box they search. If there are lots of CRHers dumping, this 3rd party company is getting as many skunks as everyone else. Sounds like your teller is trying to have less CRHers in that location in my opinion.

Brinks makes plenty of money doing what they do. No way they are gonna waste time hauling a bunch of halves to some 3rd party company and then pick them up again.

Just my 2 cents.

PS I get some of my boxes from St. Louis, and I found silver in Brinks boxes just last week (not much but enough to show nobody is culling).

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom