What's new

Evidence brinks is culling silver halves

bluesalt

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Upvote 0
Jim,

If there is a contract where the 3rd party gets 1st dibs and then kicks back a percentage to Brinks, than why wouldn't Brinks do it?
 
Well I think I'm a believer that they cull based on my recent run of boxes.
 
alabamadan said:
Well I think I'm a believer that they cull based on my recent run of boxes.
CRH'ers are the ones doing the culling. FFD
 
yup. CrhERS ARE THE CULPRITS. I think it is a good thing on one end. In my area I have noticed activity slow way down since boxes have gotten sucky. When CRHers don't find much they give up eventually as you have seen on this website in the past couple months. This eventually will lead to sources replenishing themselves. This is good news for those who stay for the long haul.

Golden silver
 
da1984 said:
Jim,

If there is a contract where the 3rd party gets 1st dibs and then kicks back a percentage to Brinks, than why wouldn't Brinks do it?


There is no such thing as first dibs anymore. Brinks picks up the coins from the banks and rolls them. CRHers dump their coins at the banks, which then go to Brinks. Sure, there could be some "virgin" halves in the mix that get dropped off by unsuspecting folks, but nowadays there are probably lots and lots of dumps. I know this is the case here in Missouri.

So if you assume a company is for profit, why are they gonna pay to buy what probably is mostly dumps? Would you buy all the boxes of halves you search? If you had to pay a fee for each box would you pay it? Maybe if you get addicted like some of us you would, but you would wind up in the hole over time. No business is gonna do this and stay in business for long.

We CRH because (for most of us) we get the halves for free (no fees charged) and search them and dump them (for free). If this 3rd party company has to pay to have the halves shipped to them and picked up (dont think Brinks is gonna do it for free), then they are paying for the coins they search. Sure, they would find some silver like us CRHers do, but not enough to make a profit if they are buying from areas where there is decent CRHer activity.

Stay on this site and you will see a new culling theory about every 2-3 weeks. All are based on hearsay, usually somebody knows somebody who works at a bank and were told this, etc.

Never have seen proof other than the facts that boxes are crappier than before (this is due to all the CRHing activity in my opinion).

Many seem to overestimate the value of the silver coins floating around out there, in the sense it would justify a huge investment in new equipment or business ventures whose sole purpose is to cull. Sure there are great finds, but dream boxes are few and far between. Boxes with 5 keepers are now like dream boxes for many I bet. But not enough profit to make real money.

Jim
 
I'm going to apply for a job at Brinks. When they hire me I'll get the inside scoop. If you don't get report from me that's because I will be to busy scooping up the silver before it hits the banks.
 
job at brinks? i have said several times that when i retire (11yrs and 5 months) i am going to get me a teller job (if any silver is left floating around by then). they are the ones that can cull the silver
 
silvercop said:
job at brinks? i have said several times that when i retire (11yrs and 5 months) i am going to get me a teller job (if any silver is left floating around by then). they are the ones that can cull the silver
Got that right! Good luck if a silver half gets past a teller right now. Two ads run weekly in the newspaper here, two dealers paying $4 ea. I know that they don't get past tellers were my wife works, LOL! FFD
 
silvercop said:
job at brinks? i have said several times that when i retire (11yrs and 5 months) i am going to get me a teller job (if any silver is left floating around by then). they are the ones that can cull the silver

I was in a bank today, my regular teller was out to lunch, did my transaction, then asked the guy if he had any half dollar coins, he had one in his tray, showed it to me, a Bi-Cen Ken,...I handed it back and said no thanks,...he then said "you looking for the silver ones?" ....I said "Yep" .... ;D
 
I wouldn't sweat it. A lot of news people are just flat out "ignert". My local TV news person said, and I quote, because the stupidity of it has stuck with me all these years, he said, " and Mercury dimes, which are made of mercury". And we rely on these people for news.
 
Okay, I am new to all this....I'm going to all the banks I can find in search for halves. How do I find out which banks use brinks? From the sounds of things- maybe one of you can answer this for me?? I have seen pics on here with what a brink box looks like. I'm here in the valley in CA...if that makes a difference. I'm dying to get my hands on a brink box now!

Thanks for the help!
HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom