Examples of Superstition Mountain gold

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know who to follow out :)

Don't know if that would be wise, considering he's been tapping targets out to 1100 yds., but VT has been seen occasionally
with other pieces of Superstitions history as well.

Tim with stone joke.jpg

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Mr horse. A few years ago I posted a photo of a huge tailing pile that I found a little gold on. This was on a club claim. Upon returning a few months later the huge hill was gone. It goes without saying if your requested cords were posted a large nutball parade would soon arrive at the location and do the same. I however am not like that and thus I'm posting a map to several locations

Well someone had to step up and sign the map

Attachments

• image-1973867641.jpg
    image-1973867641.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 205
  • image-2772268241.jpg
    image-2772268241.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ha i was just kidding about the posting of lats and longs. but on a serious note i am wondering if there are still alot of crackpots wandering/living in those hills off the beaten path..not saying they would wipe ya out, but maybe rummage through your stuff when ya sleep, try ta make ya feel scared .. or? personally i stay on the marked trails in the supes myself. only time i really go off the trail is in box canyon.and thats not very far from the vehicle.

There's probably some, but consider that's a pretty tough environment to try to live in on a regular basis - at least for most of the year. Even crackpots wandering around out there may exist, but I doubt it's too many folks.

BUT.... in this day and age, if you publicly post coordinates to locations you believe there's something worth $$, it wouldn't surprise me to find people "wandering" around those areas pretty quickly - not to mention digging around. Frank - that's the reason I thought it was a bad idea for "someone" to post all those coordinates the other day - it's bound to get someone(s) killed not to mention that it's illegal to do.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I agree Paul. And what a whopper. He had me going for a bit. Must be nice to have a $11000 cane.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Go to desert USA forum

The cane is a ground penetrating cell phone thing so you can sneak about finding all those gold bars

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only meant that it was against federal regulation to do major digging in the wilderness area - not to post GPS coordinates. I can see how my statement may not have been very clear.

I'm not sure what to think about the "cane" Frank. While his "calibration" was a decent attempt to prove that the thing works the way it was intended (at least better than most I've seen), if I'm the operator of the instrument, I don't want to have any idea what I'm scanning until after I'm done, then after the data has been interpreted by someone who ALSO has no idea what was underground EVERYONE physically gets to inspect the caverns/tunnels, etc... to make measurements and see what exactly is there and then match up the scan. Anything other than that leaves too much open for interpretation and manipulation.

Overall though, I can't argue with the amount of work that was done to put together the theories and test them, just not sure I see most of what he sees in the photos. Oh well, who am I to talk :)

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, you guys made me google up the Rover UC GPR and Desert site and Robert L. Kesselring.

Pretty wild interpretation. Suppose those 31233 - bullion measuring 5” by 10” by ¾” were all gold. It would far exceed the entire USA gold reserve and be worth over TEN BILLION dollars. @$1300/troy

‘Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe’ Yeah right. Almost 12 Million Troy loaded up and hid.

And we have to believe this stick is that wonderful a scientific device. And that those images show what is claimed.

Funny that every location just happens to be under a pile of boulders :)

He doesn't even bother to report reasonable math, like where his figure http://www.desertusa.com/lost-dutchman/peralta-stones5/pic1-5.jpg is annotated 'cache 21 10K kilos' , but if gold, 10,000 bars of that size would be more like 120,000 kilos. He figures they have a specific gravity of <2? What kind of bullion is this?

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
...‘Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe’ Yeah right. Almost 12 Million Troy loaded up and hid.

And we have to believe this stick is that wonderful a scientific device. And that those images show what is claimed...

Where exactly is the 'Church of Santa Fe'? What was it? Anybody?

The subsurface scans. Based on political/legal obstacles, it seems we'll never know, will we? I've seen similar black box scans used to finance expensive empty holes elsewhere. Beware of black boxes.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Between this big cache system, the jesuit treasures, all the spanish and mexican gold,(did I miss any?) not to mention the peralta mines and the LDM the Supes have more gold that all the known gold in the world :) Why hasn't it subducted into the Moho and been remelted already? Why doesn't it set off metal detectors in pick up beds on nearby highways?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Where exactly is the 'Church of Santa Fe'? What was it? Anybody?

The subsurface scans. Based on political/legal obstacles, it seems we'll never know, will we? I've seen similar black box scans used to finance expensive empty holes elsewhere. Beware of black boxes.

Springfield,

Most likely it is San Miguel Chapel in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Springfield,

Most likely it is San Miguel Chapel in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Good luck,

Joe

Interesting idea, but since the treasure's name indicates that the church owns it, and all the churches in Santa Fe, NM, that pre-date the Mexican War were Franciscan, why then is the alleged Salt/Gila cache associated with the Jesuits? And the Peralta - Santa Fe connection? True, Pedro de Peralta founded and named Santa Fe, NM, in the early 17th century, but he was soon sent back to Mexico in chains, and there were no more prominent Peraltas in present New Mexico thereafter. Finally, the alleged size of the cache. Yes, there were comfortable Mexicans in Santa Fe in 1847, but their relatively modest assets came mostly from heavily taxing traders using the Santa Fe Trail and fur trappers who used Taos as their base. Northern New Mexico had little agricultural output, no manufacturing, and modest mining. The Franciscans struggled mightily just trying to convert the Natives. No, IMHO, Santa Fe, NM is not the inspiration for this alleged cache tale.

That said, I believe that the Franciscan association might still be in play here, if this Arizona cache legend is based on facts, that is, and not some trickster's fertile imagination. It all goes back to Marcos de Niza. IMO, 'The Church of Santa Fe' refers to something other than the capital city.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread