Examples of Superstition Mountain gold

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like you guys

The only comments are about if the picture were took from me or if the pictures are fake . You kept the overwrap and threw the chocolate .

You are mistaken. We who have been at this a while, learned a long time ago to distrust any posted Google Earth Pictures, unless the poster had been to the site and seen it first hand. Because of overlays, shadows, perspective tricks, etc, GE can make you see things that are not there. A shadow that looks amazingly like a cave for example. A photograph has a much better provenance if you took it while standing in front of the spot. Grabbing pics from GE or online does not go far to proving any points, because you don't know if there has been any manipulation, or whatever.

When you see images on maps that can only be seen from a satellite picture, then it has no value. Other than the Nazca Lines in Peru, people did not leave clues to mines that could only be seen from satellite pics, when there were no airplanes, much less satellites!

Best of Luck - Mike

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are mistaken. We who have been at this a while, learned a long time ago to distrust any posted Google Earth Pictures, unless the poster had been to the site and seen it first hand. Because of overlays, shadows, perspective tricks, etc, GE can make you see things that are not there. A shadow that looks amazingly like a cave for example. A photograph has a much better provenance if you took it while standing in front of the spot. Grabbing pics from GE or online does not go far to proving any points, because you don't know if there has been any manipulation, or whatever.

When you see images on maps that can only be seen from a satellite picture, then it has no value. Other than the Nazca Lines in Peru, people did not leave clues to mines that could only be seen from satellite pics, when there were no airplanes, much less satellites!

Best of Luck - Mike
It has always bewildered me that some relate ancient maps ( PSM ) , or others to satellite imagery on the ground, firstly 2-300 years ago the perspective from high above was not possible , secondly once you are on ground level it would be well nigh impossible to recognise anything that could be seen from above , nothing looks the same , thirdly after 2-300 years of earthquakes , fires , floods and erosion what was recognisable then would change considerably , but I always keep an open mind ..cheers Mick

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has always bewildered me that some relate ancient maps ( PSM ) , or others to satellite imagery on the ground, firstly 2-300 years ago the perspective from high above was not possible , secondly once you are on ground level it would be well nigh impossible to recognise anything that could be seen from above , nothing looks the same , thirdly after 2-300 years of earthquakes , fires , floods and erosion what was recognisable then would change considerably , but I always keep an open mind ..cheers Mick

Mick,

These places don't really change all that much. You'd be surprised.

Mike

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would you throw us some chocolate then.
How about some normal sized clear pics of maps, topos, pics of the ground that we can go look at ourselves.
I would love to go to the landmarks and places you post of.
For instance,In post #77 does not do anything for anyone. If you take the time to post images, ect, could we at least make them out, or enlage them by clicking on them

I like you guys

The only comments are about if the picture were took from me or if the pictures are fake . You kept the overwrap and threw the chocolate .

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

From the internet . If you search for " The site of the stone tablets trail " or " The site of the Chest stone map " , you can find a lot of pictures and links .

You did not answer my question.

The reason I brought it up was because when roadrunner offered to buy you a camera, you did not bother to tell him that those photos were taken off either GE or the internet, and not from your camera.

And as others, including Mike has said, it is hard to believe theories from a person who has never set foot in the mountains.

You may get frustrated when people question you or don't agree with you sometimes, but that is what happens when your theories are based only on pictures found online or on GE.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

I don't get frustrated and I like when you try to provoke me . Looks like you play your last card , bluffing me . I am not obligated to answer to every question .Today has not chocolate .

Personally , I don't care if anybody believes me . I have nothing to lose . I can leave this forum anytime I want and to leave you in the same darkness like when I have come . But is not to my character to leave something unfinished . This is not a game but something very serious and we must to act appropriate for this circumstance .

Maybe you underestimate me , but one thing you have to remember : There where you are , I have been , and here where I am , you will come .

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Marius

A piece of Silver King ore from deep within the mine. A high grade sample containing silver and copper gold. A lot of gold was high graded out of that mine.

image-4041494991.jpg

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Here is a big chunk of Silver King high grade ore. If you zoom in you can see it full of copper gold.

image-4167355927.jpg

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

I don't get frustrated and I like when you try to provoke me . Looks like you play your last card , bluffing me . I am not obligated to answer to every question .Today has not chocolate .

Personally , I don't care if anybody believes me . I have nothing to lose . I can leave this forum anytime I want and to leave you in the same darkness like when I have come . But is not to my character to leave something unfinished . This is not a game but something very serious and we must to act appropriate for this circumstance .

Maybe you underestimate me , but one thing you have to remember : There where you are , I have been , and here where I am , you will come .

The only thing I am doing here is calling you out for not admitting that the pictures you are trying to use to prove your points, were not yours.

Hopefully you had permission to use them.

I am not sure what makes you think this forum was in "darkness" before you came, but I don't think you'll win people over with that mindset. Also pretty sure you haven't been where I have been.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

The " There where you are , I have been , and here where I am , you will come " is a metaphor for precede , forego , etc .

And about the pictures , yes , I have permission from myself to use them when I want . But I am wondering , have you ever hiked in the Superstitions ? If yes , I want to tell me what canyon and what mountains are recognized in this picture

place.jpg

and in this

CR.jpg

You have to answer in ten minutes to keep them as yours , without help . If you will tell me the places , I will give you an easy enigma to solve . Has relation with the picture which I have used for the DON trail and Chest stone Map .

And , If you will find the same pictures somewhere else , please tell us .

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

The " There where you are , I have been , and here where I am , you will come " is a metaphor for precede , forego , etc .

And about the pictures , yes , I have permission from myself to use them when I want . But I am wondering , have you ever hiked in the Superstitions ? If yes , I want to tell me what canyon and what mountains are recognized in this picture

You have to answer in ten minutes to keep them as yours , without help . If you will tell me the places , I will give you an easy enigma to solve . Has relation with the picture which I have used for the DON trail and Chest stone Map .

And , If you will find the same pictures somewhere else , please tell us .

Yes I have hiked in the Supes. Have you?

As those pictures are not related to the areas I am interested in, I would probably not be able to identify them.

Let's see if anyone else can. I bet SH would probably know right away.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

Mystery , the fascinating side of treasure hunting .
Your gramophone needle have stuck on the same song . Please move it to the next song

Another picture , easy to recognize , but ... from what mountain was taken the picture ?

WN.jpg

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

Mystery , the fascinating side of treasure hunting .
Your gramophone needle have stuck on the same song . Please move it to the next song

Another picture , easy to recognize , but ... from what mountain was taken the picture ?

I think I have answered the question you asked, in that I don't think I can identify anything in the photos you put forth, except Weaver's Needle, and with a little more research I could probably figure out where the last photo was taken, but as this has nothing to do with my area of interest, I don't see myself doing that.

Once more, I am curious to know if you have hiked in the Supes? Yes or no?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

Yes or no?

If you feel like Sherlock Holmes ( your avatar ) , I would like to find it for me . I don't want to answer to your question because you insist . I don't like your style .
If you are not interested in what I have posted , just ignore and don't make comments which would insult me . When you call someone thief , this don't make yourself better .

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

If you feel like Sherlock Holmes ( your avatar ) , I would like to find it for me . I don't want to answer to your question because you insist . I don't like your style .
If you are not interested in what I have posted , just ignore and don't make comments which would insult me . When you call someone thief , this don't make yourself better .

If you refuse to answer the question, I will have to assume that the answer is no.

I hope you can understand why I give more weight to the opinions of people who have done serious research (not relying primarily on GE or obscure photos) or of those who have walked in the Supes and know what these mountains are really like.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As those pictures are not related to the areas I am interested in, I would probably not be able to identify them.

Let's see if anyone else can. I bet SH would probably know right away.

Yep :laughing7:
There are plenty of others who have posted their own photos on this and other sites who would as well.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure is a lot of rugged out there Frank....some gold too. I'm glad to have been able to see and touch some of it, but it would take more than one lifetime to see it all, and even then.....
Being able to share some of the bits and pieces, along with the occasional first look at things which may have been lost but not entirely forgotten, with a few of the good friends I have made down there has been a pleasure.
I'm looking forward to October. See you then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread