Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A and G are the first initials of my children's first names. At the time of creating my username I had no clue that AG = Silver... Was getting into CRH to build a stash for my kids, so I put the two together and there it was. Only later did I realize what significance of the name was....

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Like reptiles and amphibians. Collected them as a kid growing up in Florida. Tenth grade science teacher gave me the nickname. I also enjoy fishing, the avatar is from a fishing trip on the Chesapeake Bay.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm. Maybe I need an update on my user name. I've had it on various forums since I started metal detecting in 1996.

My avatar is my favorite find. Actually I found it with my dad when we first started detecting. We originally used a Whites 6000 with one of us digging and the other swinging the detector. I cannot remember which one of us was doing what when we found the 1861-O half in our corn field, but it was a great day.

thumper

Nov 25, 2005
clifton forge virginia
Detector(s) used
radioshack discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got my nickname from a girl i dated in high school......ill leve it at that....lol....my avatar is a ih i found at a house tear down......must have been in the house when tore down....nicest coin i had ever found

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickname = my initials

Avatar = Picture of my great grandfather. I got the picture along with a 100 year old shotgun that used to belong to him. We actually look a lot alike... we even dress the same way. :wink:

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
airborne1092?
I volunteered for the US Army in 1992, and after all my initial training, attended the US Army Infantry, Basic Parachutist Course in October of that year.

My Avatar?

Why - That's GUS CHIGGINS!

C. H. I. G, G. I, N, S.

CHIGGINS!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/18396/

Soooooo - appropriate!

:hello2:

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Cool thread. T is the first letter of my first name and I am the man from Texas. Hence TMANFROMTEXAS... As far as my avatar. A fellow TNetter GOIO, used to call me himself and 219erman pirates because we would leave out of NW Indiana early on weekend mornings and head into Illinois especially Chicago and pirate and pilfer the Illinois boy's spots. In one year the 3 of us found almost as much silver as all of the guys that post on the Illinois page combined. The one thing about Chicago... there is plenty of silver to go around. TMAN...

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my name from a song on one of my favorite albums. "Us and Them" from Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". My avatar is one of generic ones from here on the board because I'm computer challenged. I go by Pennypanner on other coin forums.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
My username is from a Cartoon Network's Space Ghost song, its kind of stupid but it is never taken when I need a username so I've been using it for a while. It has nothing to do with CRH.

Cartoon Planet segment. Minky Boodle!

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First letter of my first name, my entire last name, and my combat level on a game called Runescape(highest combat level possible). The avatar was inspired by a funny thread from SFBayArea about depositing skunk rolls of Halves with 196- written on them in order to trick other CRHers. A quick Google Image search on Coin Wars brought me to my avatar.

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mleblanc138 said:
First letter of my first name, my entire last name, and my combat level on a game called Runescape(highest combat level possible). The avatar was inspired by a funny thread from SFBayArea about depositing skunk rolls of Halves with 196- written on them in order to trick other CRHers. A quick Google Image search on Coin Wars brought me to my avatar.

OH Gosh Runescape! I played that for like 2 years straight in like elementary school! (Not that it's a kids game). You just brought back a lot of memories :clock:

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in my D&D days, there was a module called "The Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl", I thought that name sounded cool. And Bar-Tar is how a caveman would say "barter". This has been my screen name for almost all things internet since then, and its pretty useful since no one else has anything close to it, so it is always available.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My username is taken from a little book Victor Hugo wrote in the 1800's...Les Miserables.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mts said:
Nickname = my initials

Avatar = Picture of my great grandfather. I got the picture along with a 100 year old shotgun that used to belong to him. We actually look a lot alike... we even dress the same way. :wink:

Do you have his hat? That would be cool

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott (Mich) said:
mts said:
Nickname = my initials

Do you have his hat? That would be cool

I wish I did. Can you imagine the ladies I could get with that hat? :wink:

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
My avatar is a picture of my best silver score to date. Very fond memories of that day (thank you First Niagara Bank in W. Springfield, MA). My user name is related to my water skiing activities on the Oxbow in Northampton, Ma. I do a little barefooting (skiing without skis) on the Oxbow.

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My user name comes from my love of old cars.
My first car was a 1968 Ford Mustang...
289-2V with a C-4 auto. Candyapple Red with black hood stripes. It had a black interior, a hood with integrated blinkers, an original pop-open gascap (not one of the repops or one of the Ford Replacements),
I sold it several years ago to pay off my debt :(
I sure do miss that car.

tand324

Sep 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Explain your USERNAME on this thread...

That Canadian Guy said:
When I started first reading this forum in late August I noticed that essentially everyone on here was american, where as I am Canadian and can only hunt canadian coins. When I decided to join up I realized that I would be the only Canadian on here, and so to everyone else I would seem to be "That Canadian Guy" amongst all you americans. I thought it was a good, self explanatory name so that when ever some one would read my posts they would remember that I was Canadian. I am no longer the only Canadian on this forum but 1 out of 2.

i live in NH, and once i get a new car, i'm going up to quebec to get canadian coins. Soon you will be one of THREE!!!

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jarlbartar said:
Back in my D&D days, there was a module called "The Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl", I thought that name sounded cool. And Bar-Tar is how a caveman would say "barter". This has been my screen name for almost all things internet since then, and its pretty useful since no one else has anything close to it, so it is always available.

OMG dude - the geek juices are flowin'!

That was part of the Giant series. I can still see the cover - it almost looked like a crude Frazetta painting, with the giants grabbing the boulders... Now You've gone and brought back memories, too! I loved the Giants modules - and Queen of the Demonweb Pits is another classic! The one I knew verbatim was Keep on the Borderlands - you always started with Keep on the Borderlands - I used to stay up entire weekends playing AD&D with most of the neighborhood kids!

OK - geek moment has passed .... :tard:

Gygax was to the gaming genre what Tolkien was to the fantasy adventure story genre... RIP - Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread