Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 586
Upvote 0
Looks fine to me.

Any day I can dig a 500+ year old coin is a good one.

Add the oil cap and the yellow car and it's a great one. :tongue3:

I'm sure 2.5 hours on 5 new fields does not tell the whole story. I look forward to the rest of the finds from the New Land.

DCMatt

I'd spend 2.5 hours to find a hammered silver anyday--and I'd grid the heck out of those fields.

Nice work.

-Buckles

Well found on the hammered, still waiting for the crops to come out locally. Moister content in the grain is still up in the 26% region, could be a disaster for grain prices?

Doug

BuckleBoy said:
I'd spend 2.5 hours to find a hammered silver anyday--and I'd grid the heck out of those fields.

Nice work.

-Buckles

The point of exporing was to find which field to grid. None of them are a priority for this year.

Hope you find a better field but that silver is not bad. Was it found in 2 pieces or did it break?

ohannos said:
Hope you find a better field but that silver is not bad. Was it found in 2 pieces or did it break?

It was folder total in half & was hanging on for dear life (by about 2mm). I broken it to find out a full ID. Its rare that I damage items, as it would normal make me pyshically ill.

rtde3 said:
BuckleBoy said:

Nice work.

-Buckles

You took the words right out of my mouth!

To be fair you don't understand UK detecting. These fields are a waste of precious time, we did indeed grid the area where the coin came from with not even a scrap iron nail.

CRUSADER said:
rtde3 said:
BuckleBoy said:

Nice work.

-Buckles

To be fair you don't understand UK detecting. These fields are a waste of precious time, we did indeed grid the area where the coin came from with not even a scrap iron nail.

So, right you are Crusader ;D ;D ;D What you consider huge or massive and old or ancient would be considered the reverse, compared to some places. So what will it be the class known as commoners searching for treasure in the 1830.s like the Thamas Mud Larks or the sewage pipe cleaners.Access to private land by public ways.A point of history, research Md method orType of Md.I assure you there are plenty of members who might give you a few hints.

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

tinpan said:
CRUSADER said:
rtde3 said:
BuckleBoy said:

Nice work.

-Buckles

So, right you are Crusader ;D ;D ;D What you consider huge or massive and old or ancient would be considered the reverse, compared to some places. So what will it be the class known as commoners searching for treasure in the 1830.s like the Thamas Mud Larks or the sewage pipe cleaners.Access to private land by public ways.A point of history, research Md method orType of Md.I assure you there are plenty of members who might give you a few hints.
tinpan ;D ;D ;D

You are right most of UK Treasure is found by builders, dredgers, canal workers, navies. Far more than by Archaeologists. However you forget that a large % of them found these treasures not by searching for them but by accident.

There are plenty of members who could give me hints & I'm willing to listen but I rarely hear anything encouraging or useful from that guy tinpan :icon_scratch: How much of your time is spent helping others on here? Do you spend a good portion of your time on here helping IDing stuff? or do you just........

Looks like a great hunt to me. Those fields would become swiss cheese, but with the holes filled back in. So tear it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back