What's new

Eyeballed a Gold Ring on Top of a Gopher Mound !

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the past I've eyeballed silver dimes and clad coins on the top of gopher mounds, but today was a first! Sitting right on top of dirt of a gopher mound was laying a gold
ring! I snapped a picture of it laying there! It looks to be 14K, the marking appears to be worn off. Also dug up a 1940 merc, a silver war nickel dated 1943-S, and 12 wheat cents. My clad today was almost $8.00. I tested the gold ring under my coil and the meter gave a foil reading. This parks had a thousand foil readings, so I never would had dug it! I hunted two parks today and have done well in both. I'll have to return!
 

Attachments

  • gold ring 001.webp
    gold ring 001.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 253
  • gold ring 002.webp
    gold ring 002.webp
    100.6 KB · Views: 256
  • gold ring 003.webp
    gold ring 003.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 232
  • gold ring 004.webp
    gold ring 004.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 235
  • gold ring 002.webp
    gold ring 002.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 228
  • gold ring 003.webp
    gold ring 003.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 233
  • gold ring 004.webp
    gold ring 004.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 243
  • gold ring 005.webp
    gold ring 005.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 242
  • gold ring 006.webp
    gold ring 006.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 231
  • gold ring 007.webp
    gold ring 007.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 244
  • gold ring 008.webp
    gold ring 008.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 100
I think the Gopher was broken hearted after he kicked out the spouse and finally decided to throw out all reminders of her. You were at the right place at the right time. Congrats on the gold EB find.
 
Wow gold ring, Its tempting to transplant some prairie dogs to some good spots around here. Better bring him or her a treat! Love those little critters!

My thought too! Bring him something to munch! Might encourage him to bring you the rest he's got stashed.:tongue3:
 
Real nice find, but you can't get on the banner because the gopher that found it isn't a TNET member. :laughing7:
 
I eyeballed a quarter thrown out by a crab on the beach..........animals don't like money in their hole!
 
Gophers are so stupid. lol very nice finds. WTG ! ( I straighten my rings out too. )
 
Lol! So cool! Is that a ground hog your calling a gopher? I've seen trucks go off the side of the road trying to run them over! Lot of people round here shoot them if they see them in there garden. Guess they want get any goodies! Lol! Nice find on the merc, congrats!
 
Wow! That's pretty cool!
 
Lol! So cool! Is that a ground hog your calling a gopher? I've seen trucks go off the side of the road trying to run them over! Lot of people round here shoot them if they see them in there garden. Guess they want get any goodies! Lol! Nice find on the merc, congrats!

I heard that! I I knew an old boy down gainsville way that had a 22 w/scope and wait for them out his back window if he saw them in his garden!
 
Now that I'm finished laughing..... I forgot what I was going to say?
 
We've got a helluva clan of moles in our front yard,I wonder if I can bribe em with peanuts to dig for me,lol! Congrats on the nice ring.
 
Last edited:
Wow you straighten that up perfect..great job n awesome ring!
 
Nice find, I once found a nice 1 Quart Round Embossed Milk Bottle on top of the ground next to a Ground Hog hole. I could see broken glass shards around the hole, I guess it just pushed it out to make room.
 
Oh my ya all are funny ~!!!!!!!:icon_thumright: Have ya ever metal detected an ant mound ? Someone once told me years ago (a much older prospector 70ish: said always take a pan with you as well as your detector and look at ant mounds- never know what ya might find), my gold pan goes along with us every time we detect or rock hound.

What a super eyeball find !!! :-)
 
Maybe the gopher found an entire chest of gold down there and this ring was only the tip of a golden iceberg! :laughing7:
Almost want to vote Banner simply on the uniqueness of this find. Who needs detectors when we have gold-digging gophers!!! :D
 
Now that's the way to find gold ! Congrats
Glen
 
I was chasing a gopher in my backyard and I found a quarter on top of it's mound. I think it was trying to bribe me. It didn't work!
 
That's crazy, nice ring lol!
 
:dontknow: WHAT!? Why doesn't this kind of luck ever hit me? :BangHead:
 
i'm pretty sure that ring belonged to Bill Murry..wasn't he wearing that ring on caddyshack?
 
In the past I've eyeballed silver dimes and clad coins on the top of gopher mounds, but today was a first! Sitting right on top of dirt of a gopher mound was laying a gold
ring! I snapped a picture of it laying there! It looks to be 14K, the marking appears to be worn off. Also dug up a 1940 merc, a silver war nickel dated 1943-S, and 12 wheat cents. My clad today was almost $8.00. I tested the gold ring under my coil and the meter gave a foil reading. This parks had a thousand foil readings, so I never would had dug it! I hunted two parks today and have done well in both. I'll have to return!

Congratulations!!!
Freaking LOVE it! :notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom