What's new

Eyeballed a Gold Ring on Top of a Gopher Mound !

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the past I've eyeballed silver dimes and clad coins on the top of gopher mounds, but today was a first! Sitting right on top of dirt of a gopher mound was laying a gold
ring! I snapped a picture of it laying there! It looks to be 14K, the marking appears to be worn off. Also dug up a 1940 merc, a silver war nickel dated 1943-S, and 12 wheat cents. My clad today was almost $8.00. I tested the gold ring under my coil and the meter gave a foil reading. This parks had a thousand foil readings, so I never would had dug it! I hunted two parks today and have done well in both. I'll have to return!
 

Attachments

  • gold ring 001.webp
    gold ring 001.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 253
  • gold ring 002.webp
    gold ring 002.webp
    100.6 KB · Views: 256
  • gold ring 003.webp
    gold ring 003.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 232
  • gold ring 004.webp
    gold ring 004.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 235
  • gold ring 002.webp
    gold ring 002.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 228
  • gold ring 007.webp
    gold ring 007.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 244
  • gold ring 006.webp
    gold ring 006.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 231
  • gold ring 005.webp
    gold ring 005.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 242
  • gold ring 004.webp
    gold ring 004.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 243
  • gold ring 003.webp
    gold ring 003.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 233
  • gold ring 008.webp
    gold ring 008.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 100
LOL!
You have some of the best posts CoolHand. Always love reading them--esp. with the visuals.
Funny, now I check any gopher mounds I see now when I hunt. Something I took with me from these forums & that is something you won't find in any book.
Only found junk in them thus far--I guess they don't like metal in their burrows.
Glad you season continues to be great!
NICE RING! :thumbsup:
 
DANG THERE LUKE THEM FINDS ARE NO FLOOK ....
 
Wow! What a great hunt! Were you using the CZ6?
 
You have really done well this year. Congrats on a sweet score.
 
WOW! That's crazy... now buy a lottery ticket while you're at it. :occasion14:
 
I have a ground hog that needs "training" all he ever brings to the surface is rocks and dirt...that's after he hits my garden for a snack.:(
 
I have a ground hog that needs "training" all he ever brings to the surface is rocks and dirt...that's after he hits my garden for a snack.:(

Well keep him fed as it appears that a happy gopher will retrieve gold!
 
gotta love them gophers !!!

images.webp
 
What a cool story to tell, please clone that gopher!
 
Great find! I found 4 marbles that a gopher brought up to the top for me. I wish I could find a pack rat stash of silver and gold though.
 
That's neat! Love the gold! TFS and HH!!
 
Talk about the right place at the right time. Good catch.

Finding gold is like the holy grail of detecting and some critter did half the work for you.
Congrats on all of your finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom