Mezrein503
Full Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Hey guys, got a question. I'm pretty much sold on getting either the F2 or F4, was going to go garrett, but the TID that the F2 and 4 offer in the midlevel price range have sold me. But, I've been hearing that the F2 has a bump-beep problem. Normally Im hunting in fairly level areas, but now and again I'll hit a place that has some obsticles that Im bound to hit. My question is there's an awesome deal on Kellyco website for an F2 that comes with 3 coils, and a bunch of extra's for 275, or I can get the F4 with a few less extras at 399. I'd rather save the cash and get the F2 with all the extra's, but Im worried about this bump issue. Does the F4 have this same bump issue? Is it worth it to get the F4 over the F2 even with the near 150 dollar increase in price? Here's the links to both Im consider
F2
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/fisher/fisher_f2buy_3coil.htm
F4
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/fisher/fisher-f4buy.htm - Option 2
Until I hit something awesome while detecting, this is going to be my only MD purchase, as like the rest of the world's population, Im hurting in the cash department...
F2
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/fisher/fisher_f2buy_3coil.htm
F4
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/fisher/fisher-f4buy.htm - Option 2
Until I hit something awesome while detecting, this is going to be my only MD purchase, as like the rest of the world's population, Im hurting in the cash department...
I wish the F4 would come down in price just a bit, then this would be a no brainer for me. Slow, you mentioned that once it gets some grass on the coil it starts to false, would a coil cover help cope with this, or even stop this problem? Also, I would like to be able to dip it in shallow water, say no deeper than 1 or 2 feet, I've got a lot of creeks and rivers around me, is the fisher going to be ok with its coil submerged?
Last question and Ill be sold on my choice. How well does it perform in wet and dry sand? I dont often go to beaches, fresh or salt water, but now and again I do, and I'd like to be able to detect. My bounty hunter tracker II, even for as low entry machines as it is, didnt false out hardly at all on both fresh and salt water beaches I have taken it to, will the F2 perform as well?






