how does the fisher ID edge do?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well took the plunge were going to try an edge to see what happens

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Looking forward to your report. My only knowledge of it came from a guy who dealt Fishers and didn't like it. He said it was too shallow, maybe 6" give or take one.

So what's with the interest in old Fisher rigs?

Being one of those Fisher freaks myself I know I'm not keeping up with the Jones' as so many seem intent on doing. Got my like-new CZ-5 a couple months ago and back in love, it popped a nice 1881 IH out of some extremely calcified ground here a couple days ago.

Today my 1235X and I are going gold hunting in the playgrounds hereabouts but the CZ5 and the F70 are going along, may be there's some parkway landscaping to hit also.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have an ID excel which is similar to the ID edge and it had good trash separation but not too hot in the depth department.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i've heard that the excel was on the shallow side of things and the ID edge had alot better depth but we'll see

fatheadnc

Jun 11, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-5,Delta 4000,Garrett CX-III
Brandon,

The Edge is a great machine. Its one of the best coin detectors I've ever owned. It is a nice quiet deep running machine and loves silver. Its one of the few detectors I wish I had never sold. The Excel isn't even in the same class as the Edge. Just set it up with your custom settings and start hunting (its excellent at coins,jewelry and relics). Its sort of like a 1270 with tone id and digital numbers. Its not quite as deep as the 1270 but its much better at discriminating. One of my all time favorites.

HH,

Shane

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you very much shane thats great to know i wished i'd tried one of these along time ago, now got to work on getting the small coil i've seen some real good finds from people who used them in the past!

Tykit

Jan 20, 2007
Middlesex, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher
Brandon, start using it in cP mode with no notches. It will beep on everything, but later you can fiddle with other modes, etc. I keep mine in cP mode, no notches and detect by the numbers or tones. It has a great ID number system, no stupid icons. Great in the woods for weeding out shotgun shells by number. To ground balance simply press AUTO after raising coil 6" above soil. Fisher made a great little detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread