Faces Of Freedom

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
This is a pencil drawing that one of my Daughters drew . People in this drawing represent some from the disaster of 9/11 and people of Iraq. The Soldier in the center is her Brother who at the time this was created was serving in an Army combat hospital in Iraq as an RN. The little girl is an Iraqi girl. The little boy a BoyScout. The Firemen was from 9/11 scenes and the man with bandanna is a NYPD Policeman from 9/11
Thank you for looking
Van

Attachments

• FOFwhite-Changed.jpg
    FOFwhite-Changed.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 238

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very talented daughter! Great picture!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome drawing. It is extra special because of her tribute. Your daughter is very talented, how old is she?

;) RR

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
River Rat said:
That is an awesome drawing. It is extra special because of her tribute. Your daughter is very talented, how old is she?

;) RR
Thanks for the nice comments.She is about 40,not a little kid anymore. I could see the talent in her at an early age of 10 and her and I took a portrait class then,together,She is a working Mom and does portrait art as a side job now.This picture is one of her Daughter who is also a pretty good artist.
Van

Attachments

• Christmas 2005 092-Changed.jpg
    Christmas 2005 092-Changed.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 229

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She sure has a great talent....Fantastic drawings.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hoss..glad you gave an explanation...I had visions of a little six year old drawing that great picture. The fact that she is 40 doesn't change a thing; it's still a great drawing and a very appropriate post as we gapproach the 11th.

thanks for sharing it!

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
CarolinaDigs said:
Van she is very talented ! Just like her father :)
Thanks Carolina.She stopped drawing for along time. Raising a family and so forth takes a lot of time..Her job keeps her pretty busy now,but she still will do a portrait for co workers. Her price is what ever they want to donate to a charity of there choice.Wish I could get her to do some wildlife drawings.How about posting some more of your beautiful work Carolina.I enjoy seeing others work,
Van

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Wow. That is some drawing. I sure would be proud of her. That is definitely something to put on the refrigerator or have it reproduced for a 9/11 book or poster. Please give her a pat on the back from us for a job very well done.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
RON (PA) said:
Wow. That is some drawing. I sure would be proud of her. That is definitely something to put on the refrigerator or have it reproduced for a 9/11 book or poster. Please give her a pat on the back from us for a job very well done.
Yep we are proud of her and her Brother in the drawing.I will show her your post! Thank you Ron for your nice comments.
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread