What's new

Faint Signals

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
732
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep reading about faint signals. I think I might be missing something. I have an excal2 but just am not finding what I think I should be finding. I know that sometimes I get signals and dig and dig and find nothing. DOing something wrong? WHat setting do you guys use when you are actually at the beach? In the water?
 
Upvote 0
s.c.shooter said:
I keep reading about faint signals. I think I might be missing something. I have an excal2 but just am not finding what I think I should be finding. I know that sometimes I get signals and dig and dig and find nothing. DOing something wrong? WHat setting do you guys use when you are actually at the beach? In the water?
I use the Excal and the faint signals should be repeatable with a Pull tab tone. The high tones are coins of higher conductive targets. Don't run disc to high and sometimes you just need to run it in Auto mode.
 
I use no descrimination, I adjust sensitivity till the unit is stable then make it just a tad hotter, volume is maxed out........A repeatable signal is a signal from 2 different directions that does not have a null.....With a null you may only get a signal from one direction.....

Those lost signals could easily be tiny pieces of aluminum trash that wash through your scoop, then float away in the current once they are released while digging...

Do you tune your excal before you hunt? Try this sometime...

Take a gold ring and tie a piece of string to it and bury it in the wet sand about 10-12 inches deep. ( for 10 inch coil) I dont know what coil your using, the larger the coil the deeper you try bury the ring..... Now try adjusting your settings till you can pick up the faint signal of the gold ring.....Don't just adjust the sensitivity, but adjust all the settings except the descrimination, basically tune in the gold ring....If you can't hear it at all, then raise the depth of the ring slightly and tune again till you can hear it.........
 
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
 
Faint allmetal/PP signals with the excalibur







Faint signals with the excalibur in Discrimating mode can be just a small jump/change in the threshold. at 1:09 in the video I switch to discriminate, and you can hear the threshold jump up. This video, I hunt in AM/PP and switch to discriminate to check signals , if I get no signal in disc, I clear away sand to get a better signal........







.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom