What's new

FAKE $20'S WARNING

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
4,066
Reaction score
7,788
Golden Thread
0
Location
port ewen ny
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of my banks in Kingston NY got 5 bad notes-- paper is slick with no fibers, all same serial #'s--- CHECK YOUR $20's:BangHead:
 
Upvote 0
Ill be on the look-out .

I found 5 $100 bills at a park at daybreak over a year ago , (stuck them quickly in the trunk + they were wet from the 'Dew'.

After hunting for an hour I found a nice 'Artillery , Lead sabot piece , & a Maybe CW ??? -lead ?.

I went to put those in the car (as I was about to get a good ways from where I parked ) ; checked the Bills , they had Pink Chinese Characters on them ...I was ill .

8 months later I see one of these bills posted at a small store next to the winning $500 lottery tickets , with a note beside it saying ( Don't even try it ).

Then a week ago on the ATL News they reported 'Watch for fake 'Chinese' $100 bills coming out of the Dalton GA area (some 90 miles north of where I found mine.

TMI I know , sorry.
 
Be wary of anything you get from the bank. True story! We got a call from one of the business offices (utility company) that a lady was trying to pay a commercial electric bill with bogus bills. We went down and she was freaked thinking she was going to jail. She had the receipt where she had withdrawn the cash from her business account an hour or so earlier. It all worked out well for her.

I was dumbfounded that a bank teller that handles cash all day could miss almost $2000 in bogus bills. Or was the bank trying to get rid of the bills?
 
Last edited:
Some 45 years ago now, I was accused of passing counterfeit 20's. I was at my Mom's house and had a sit down with 2 agents of the Secret Service - one played the good guy, and the other guy was not so nice and kept his right hand tucked under his suit jacket near his weapon I'm sure. Not a very pleasant time I assure you. I kept waiting for years afterwards for them to return. The incident was a very life changing experience - extreme paranoia, and a perfect citizen thereafter.
 
I hear more and more about phony money coming from banks.
 
Would be entertaining to test every bill when withdrawing from a bank teller. I thought they scanned every bill coming in and going out with some kind of high tech detection device? Time to order a pen or a light. Good times ahead.
 
Would be entertaining to test every bill when withdrawing from a bank teller. I thought they scanned every bill coming in and going out with some kind of high tech detection device? Time to order a pen or a light. Good times ahead.

way too many fake "investigators" who need to buy a mirror :laughing9::BangHead::sad11::angry4:
 
the thug punks have been arrested--- now our NY GUBBNER will give them an appearance ticket & Super Bowl tickets (they may have been separated from their Chilldrun during the arraignment---- so gotta give 'em "reparations")

4 bags 'O dirt from NY city--- go figger:dontknow::tongue3::laughing9:
 
Multiple posts deleted for politics or quote of political post. What part of "no politics" is hard to understand?
 
Last edited:
Back in the late sixties I deposited two hundred dollars in twenty's and the teller told me one was bogus....at the time I worked in a print shop!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom