What's new

Fancy button?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure this is a button but I have never seen one like it. I found it in a box of relics my brother (Joe G from Md) sent me last week. He figured I needed something to occupy me while I was down so I have several pieces to go through. I may be posting more here later.
As for the button, there appears to be a place for the shank on the back. There is no backmark. The front is decorated and has applied pieces to it.
 

Attachments

  • fancy button front.webp
    fancy button front.webp
    440 KB · Views: 82
  • fancy button back.webp
    fancy button back.webp
    805 KB · Views: 104
This one is bugging me. I think it is a woman's overcoat button but can't find anything like it on the WWW.
 
Upvote 0
I thought it was some type of clasp, I am lost also.
 
Upvote 0
Very interesting find! :dontknow: what it is used for.
 
Upvote 0
I don't think the applied pieces will move. I tried to move one and the wire started to bend so I pushed it back and left it alone.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom