Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the old turn of the century looking place that is on its last leg. I started ripping out more wood to hopefully find some hidden treasures. I had two funny things happen to me there.
1) I was inside doing my thing, and I hear someone walking through the woods towards the house. I look up and see a well dressed elderly gentleman outside taking pictures of the old house. He didn't see me inside I guess. I yelled "hello" to him, and I must have scared the cr-p out of him, because he turned around and hightailed it out of there. He probably thought I was a bum living inside. ;D
2) This joke was on me. I was ripping up some floor boards, and popping my head down into the openings looking for hidden caches, when I spotted what looked to be a small old umbrella with a curved handle. I reached in and pulled it out. I just about soiled myself when I discovered it was actually a dried up opossum!!!
I ended up finding two more opossums and a dried rat too. Can I get any $ for these?
In the living room, I peeled back a sheet of linoleum, and ripped up the floor boards.
I discovered an old Clorox bottle (perfect shape), and a broken Coke bottle. This really has me puzzled now, because I found out that this style of Clorox bottle was used between 1951-1962. How could it find its way under the floor boards of a house this old????? Weird.
Anyways, no hidden caches to report today, but I did find a 2nd bottle dump on the property. Some pictures attached of the bits and pieces.
This house is getting too unstable to safely search anymore, so I’ll be concentrating on the barn, and land now.
-MM-

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 663
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 661
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 651
  • MVC-008S.JPG