What's new

Favorite Triangles

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
How about showing off the best triangle you may have.

It was hard, bit I picked this one from my collection. KRF, a little over an inch long, and just a little thicker than a razor blade too.

DSCN3676.jpg

DSCN3677.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Got this one today bought.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4720.webp
    100_4720.webp
    160.9 KB · Views: 66
Big Blue

Has a few nicks,but one of my favs. because of the size and color.
 

Attachments

  • wells tri..webp
    wells tri..webp
    106.2 KB · Views: 89
well so far i still see the KRF example #1 of quito is still right up there
 
I found this one last March with Lars and JohnIMG_6866.webp
 
Shenks Ferry Triangle

Shenks Ferry is a late woodland culture just before the Susquehannock people.
 

Attachments

  • Walker L.webp
    Walker L.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Walker L 2.webp
    Walker L 2.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 79
Always loved the flaking on the best triangle my wife found. Almost reminds me of the flaking on the Neolithic triangles from North Africa.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    188.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    142.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    125.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    158.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
bird pt 001.webpbird pt 003.webp

It's hard to pick a favorite but here is one made of heat treated Kay Co. chert that I found in Kansas.
 
triangle pt 002.webptriangle pt 003.webp

Okay....I changed my mind, I think I like this one better. It is made from a Florence chert also and it looks like a perfect Washita pt. just waiting to be notched.
 
Here are mine. First picture is of local finds. Second pic was a gift from my son. It came from out west somewhere. There are some mighty fine points posted here.
edit: I don't know why the pictures get jumbled up when I post them. Pic on the right is of my local finds.
 

Attachments

  • triangle point 2.webp
    triangle point 2.webp
    129.6 KB · Views: 67
  • triangle point 1.webp
    triangle point 1.webp
    176.4 KB · Views: 86
  • bird points 1.webp
    bird points 1.webp
    150.6 KB · Views: 75
OK One More

Surprise find 5 feet from the road.
 

Attachments

  • Wetzel Farm.webp
    Wetzel Farm.webp
    103.6 KB · Views: 72
Got this last yr in a field. Not the best looking but I still was happy to find them.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3265.webp
    100_3265.webp
    135.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_3266.webp
    100_3266.webp
    108.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_3269.webp
    100_3269.webp
    122.9 KB · Views: 61
This tray has some of my best personally found Triangle Points and all of them are from the same site.
 

Attachments

  • Points (11).webp
    Points (11).webp
    182 KB · Views: 80
Pa. Jasper

Only jasper triangle i ever found.
 

Attachments

  • Susq. R..webp
    Susq. R..webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom