Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was super windy so I didn't even try using my video camera plus it was really snowing too but I did manage to find a few coins and a neat coke lighter.
The lighter was about 4 inches deep and I never knew it was a lighter til I got home and rinsed it off, it took a while to get it apart but I did
grin.gif

feb11.1.jpg
feb11.2.jpg
feb11.3.jpg
feb11.4.jpg

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Coke lighter is way cool. Either it was a recent drop or the cover must have been water tight. I found a Zippo the other day and the round thing you spin against the flint was totally rusted. Very nice find Larry.

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Coke lighter is way cool. Either it was a recent drop or the cover must have been water tight. I found a Zippo the other day and the round thing you spin against the flint was totally rusted. Very nice find Larry.

There's a one piece brass cylinder in each half of the coke bottle and the lighter guts slide into top have of the bottle and the rest slides together into the other brass sleeve, there was corrosion between the components but I worked everything back and forth til I was able to slide all of the components apart. I used a jewelers file a little on the bad corrosion which worked out great. I put a flint and fuel in it and back together.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a one piece brass cylinder in each half of the coke bottle and the lighter guts slide into top have of the bottle and the rest slides together into the other brass sleeve, there was corrosion between the components but I worked everything back and forth til I was able to slide all of the components apart. I used a jewelers file a little on the bad corrosion which worked out great. I put a flint and fuel in it and back together.

Any idea of the age? Nice repair!

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read they made them in the 50's and 60's so it's probably been in the ground around 50 years anyway ???

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i thank they were made in the 50's

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coke lighter is a cool and unique find Giant! Amazing it is still working too! :icon_thumleft:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool lighter.

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that is a really cool lighter. Word to the wise, never try and light and old lighter they can be a little firebomb and blow your hand off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread