Whats the weirdest thing you have found treasure hunting. Here is mine.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
This summer I was looking for bottles in the river and seen this glass object. I thought "cool" it's a candy contanier. When I pulled it out I didn't know what it was but I thought it was a neat piece of glass. When I got it home I started to walk to the local store to show some friends and a light came on. I must of seen this object in a advertisement while doing research. All of the sudden I felt strange about holding it. I will make a reply to this post below to let you know what it is if you don't already know.
Post some of your weird finds. SANY0092.jpg SANY0094.jpg SANY0090.jpg SANY0094.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mich. Wolverine

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
It's a 70 to 100 year old breast pump minus the squeeze bulb. I guess you never know what your going to find.LoL.
Wolverine.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, cool relic. :icon_thumleft: And I knew what it was since I used to have a modern plastic version, vaguely similar. Good idea for a thread; I'll dig around and find some of my peculiarities.

HH
p.s. Wish I had an "old glass" setting on my detector. :laughing7:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, here's a few:
1st photo - old canning jar that's been through a fire
2nd & 3rd - We all find these harmonica reeds but this one had a root growing through it.
4rd - Posted this years back on the MI forum as a "what is it" to see how quickly someone could ID it. Didn't take long. LOL
5th - Aww, isn't he cute?
6th - I had two kittens helping me hunt a local yard. While I was packing up to leave this one made himself at home.

HH,
Michiganne

treasure 2010 189comp.jpg treasure 2010 213comp.jpg treasure 2010 212comp.jpg treasure 2010.jpg P1160944comp.jpg P1120460comp.jpg

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find! I found a human molar this winter while detecting. It was right on top of the dirt.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a few wierd finds I have found....

1. E. H. FLAGG'S (side) INSTANTANEOUS RELIEF (front) and PHILA (side). For the Speedy Cure of Head Ache, Teeth Ache, Rheumatism, Diarrhea, Sore Throat, Neuralgia, Pains in the Side, Back Or Stomach, Pleurisy, Painters Colic, Cramps, Fever and Ague, Chilblains, Coughs, Frosted Feet Or Ears, Burns, Fresh Cuts, Sprains, Bruises, &c., &c., ... Over 200,000 Bottles Were Sold During the Year 1856

2. Grigsby-Grunow introduced their Majestic model214, called the “Stratford”, in January of 1932. The radio, a ten-tube superhet, was initially listed at $99.50 in the Eastern and Central USA (picture of radio added)

3. SS card found up near Houghton Lake

4. Not much info on this one. I understand this to be some sort of support for the unmentionable area :laughing7:

Attachments

• DSCN3703.JPG
    DSCN3703.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN4816.JPG
    DSCN4816.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN3822.JPG
    DSCN3822.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN5039.JPG
    DSCN5039.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 133
  • majestic214_11.jpg
    majestic214_11.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a few wierd finds I have found....

Cool digs, Brent. :icon_thumleft: Do you know what any of them are? I found a small aluminum plate once with someone's name and SS# on it. I'd like to try that "Instantaneous Relief!" :laughing7:

HH

EverestJumper

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2013
That's very very cool

I'm brand new to this site, my wife bought me my very first metal detector for My birthday just this past 11/21/12
Anyway I was so excited, (at present we live in Madison Wi)
soon to be year round livin up in the UP of Michigan within Chipperwa County, we can walk right out onto Lake Superior!
It's beautiful!
Anyway so like I was saying, I was so excited to try it out in the house I was able to find every nail in the floor!
Wow!
I know I know...give me time people I'm just learning?
EverestJumper

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs, Brent. :icon_thumleft: Do you know what any of them are? I found a small aluminum plate once with someone's name and SS# on it. I'd like to try that "Instantaneous Relief!" :laughing7:

HH

Thanks Anne! I added some comments. That root through the reed is a cool find!!
Brent

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could have guessed some wild things, but not that. They had breast pumps back then?

OP
OP
Mich. Wolverine

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
They had them in the late 1800's. I was surprised to find out they were made that early.
Wolverine.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Brent! I like the old bottle...the second pic is a bezel off a vintage Majestic radio, not sure if you id'd that one or not. And I think the metal plate thingy is off of an old hernia truss :tongue3:
Very cool whatsits!

Oops - I see you nailed the radio - sweet ole boombox!

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I was hunting inside an old abandoned house where two spinster sisters had lived and they both had died there during the same winter twenty years earlier. Teenagers had fairly trashed the place, but there were rumors that the sisters had hidden money which had never been found. There was an open loft with a crude ladder going up and there was a space between the upper flooring and the ceiling of the lower room about six inches high. I ran my detector along the open edge and got a large signal. With visions of a cigar box of coins I reached right in. SNAP!! I was rewarded by getting my hand snapped by a large sized snap-type rat trap!! Stung like crazy!! Went back over the spot and there was still a signal with the rat trap out of the way. Looked in this time and pulled out an un-opened 1938 calendar with a metal binding and a really nice slide whistle or flute of nickle plated brass about a foot long. My hand throbbed for a day and now when hunting in old structures I always look with a flashlight before sticking my hand someplace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread