February teeneys and some dadgummits

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flinters, Tides been out and I hit three spots this past week. The skeeters were tough but no snakes this time of year. These are all Rangia clam midden finds from Galveston and Chambers Counties.
The dadgummit on the left was low and had water splashing over it. It was crystal clear and I ignored it the first time thinking it was a piece of plastic trash. As I walked away it glittered in the sun and caught my eye. As it dried it picked up this amber hue. I think it's a chalcedney of sorts. I found Dadgummit #2 a few feet away. The both have the same type of impact fracture damage too. One think about the gar scale points, they don't break easy. Thanks Lone Star

Attachments

• smith and wharf.jpg
    smith and wharf.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 393
  • dadgumits wharf a.jpg
    dadgumits wharf a.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice, what kind of snakes do you encounter? Up here in the northeast being cold we don't run into many critters

OP
OP
Lone Star

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Ya'll. The most common wetland snake here is the cottenmouth. I never found one happy to see me. Fat, ugly, nasty disposition, just like an unmarried sisiterinlaw. They all lay down in the cool weather , so its safest this time of year. I've found myself doin' the Riverdance with muddy boots a few times. Good hunting! lone Star

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Lone Star. I have always wanted a to find a gar scale point. We have some large gars here but have yet to find one or maybe recognize it. Nice looking points! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread