What's new

Federal Artillery REGT eagle over cannon one piece

JM1184

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
193
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this Artillery Reg button this morning on an old trail to some cellar holes in upstate NY, (Albany county). I'm guessing the button was made in the 1820's or 30's. "Super Fine Colour" backmark.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2088.webp
    IMG_2088.webp
    211.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2090.webp
    IMG_2090.webp
    247.9 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 36
Nice button, congrats!
 
That is one of my favorite button designs
 
Best damn button found with a metal detector in America in 9-25-2016!
 
That's a beauty. I don't have my book but I think your dating is correct. Earlier ones did not have a edge lip.

Big congrats, it looks great!
 
Generally... I am not... nor have been a "button guy"...

But that is one cool arse button. Well done.
 
fantastic button! Love the eagle on the cannon types. Wouldn't mind digging one of those myself.
 
me either but I can't seem to find any coins !!!!
 
That is a killer button! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom