Fees

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
One of my banks called today and said Brinks was complaining about having to bring to many boxes to them and they would have to start charging $3.65 per box. I told her to tell them that there is no way I would pay that. How many can I order without a fee. And to just order that many. So we shall see. Also I found a new bank that will order for me and I found a new bank with a counter in the lobby free to everyone you do not even need an account with them to use it.

HH
Cat

Upvote 0

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Sounds like your bank (or Brinks) might be trying to squeeze you out of the competition. LOL It's a good thing you found another one that can order for you.

Congrats on finding another "free" dump bank. They are hard to come by in these parts.

HH
cmhoose

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cmhoose... Find an Old National Bank in your area. I know the ones here in Putnam County, Indiana let you cash in change for no charge.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
That's one of the most reasonable fees I've heard to be honest. If I were you and getting that much volume, I might take it. Banks aren't required to order customers that much coin. One of the banks around here have it listed in their brochure that they charge $4 per box of coin ordered. I'm tempted to try them out.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
DrDetector said:
That's one of the most reasonable fees I've heard to be honest. If I were you and getting that much volume, I might take it. Banks aren't required to order customers that much coin. One of the banks around here have it listed in their brochure that they charge $4 per box of coin ordered. I'm tempted to try them out.
I hope I don't start getting charged fee's. With that said, 2 -40's would pay the fee's.

OP
OP
Cat J

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
ok so 2 40's would pay the fee but if there are no 40's and you drive 45 min each way add the gas and the dump bank wants to charge per bad if you get nothing it adds up. Also I just found out the dump bank charged me $1 for each withdrawal. But I now have two other dump banks that do not charge. And two new banks that are closer who will order for me.

Thanks
Cat

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
junior967 said:
cmhoose... Find an Old National Bank in your area. I know the ones here in Putnam County, Indiana let you cash in change for no charge.

Already checked. 2% for members - 9% for non members here.

Great place to get coin though, don't need an account or anything.

Thanks.
HH
cmhoose

OP
OP
Cat J

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
They did not say anything to me about a fee when I took mine to them.

Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread