What's new

Fence Post Safes

gylnne

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Edna, Kansas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fence-post safes were sold by Sears and Roebuck in the 1930's.
They were meant to be attached by farmers to fence posts, below
ground, at locations that were easy to remember. Detectorists
have occasionally reported finding them with their contents still intact.

Curtis
 
size, construction, or pictures?
 
You're right Curtis--a buddy of mine told me about them too. He used to ranch in different areas and said lots of rural people, especially after the 30's, didn't trust banks. I'd love to find one some day.

All the best,

Lanny
 
During the depression people buried jars of coins in the back yard that was a visable spot from the dinning room table where they spent a lot of time. My grandmother told us kids that she buried valuables under the chicken coop. Chickens made very good watch dogs when strangers snooped around it.
 
Even Horse stalls or fenced in areas for horses......Wells Fargo box was discovered in Oklahoma in an old Horse stable grounds.....
 
dld said:
size, construction, or pictures?

No I just read this in an email magazine I get and thought I would share it.:)

Curtis
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom