What's new

few illinois state quarters in illinois.

Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
1,643
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i saw a magazine article on our state quarter.being too stupid to get some when they were released. i decided i would find some circs.just order a box here and there.ez.after 8 months i only have 6 illinois coins.either people here are patriotic on a state level,or it was the abe lincoln pic on the coin.so some people are paying attention.no silver quarters found but did get 30 something of the bicentennial quarter.go figure.going to michigan sometime next month so well see if they have any there.i guess its hardest to find the state ur in.
 
Upvote 0
I know I have seen several out here in CA. Don't collect them so had to spend. :wink:
I do not like modern coinage.

Got a 2008 JFK last month. Went back to the bank.
 
It's all about the mintage figures. 2003-2004 was a dry spell in the mintage of state quarters, which by them had far reduced from its 2000 peak. Many states whose coin was issued 2002-2004 had mintages lower than 500 million. There were only approx. 460 million Illinois quarters minted. Compare that with the 720 million Oregon quarters and 1.6 billion Virginia quarters. Scarce enough to be harder to find than their more common kin, but not scarce enough to be numismatically significant.

Check out the state quarter mintages on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_State_Quarters_designs
 
I am putting together a collection of State quarters but the rule is I have to find them metal detecting. The only ones I have left to find are the 2008 ones. Might take a while.
 
Silver_Fox said:
I am putting together a collection of State quarters but the rule is I have to find them metal detecting. The only ones I have left to find are the 2008 ones. Might take a while.

You going for P and D or just one for each state?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom