What's new

Few recent finds

theviking

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
921
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
The Quartzite Savannah River knife was found washed out of our four-wheeler track, broken like usual. The second piece I found in the creek yesterday, not sure on type but looks old. The material is Chalcedony and very thin except a small stack on one side. Any help on type would be appreciated. Thanks for looking, H.H.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0394 (1024x681).webp
    DSC_0394 (1024x681).webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0395 (1024x681).webp
    DSC_0395 (1024x681).webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0397 (1024x681).webp
    DSC_0397 (1024x681).webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC_0398 (1024x681).webp
    DSC_0398 (1024x681).webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0405 (1024x681).webp
    DSC_0405 (1024x681).webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0414 (1024x681).webp
    DSC_0414 (1024x681).webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
What about a Nolichucky?
 
Nice finds !!!
 
Great artifact saves!
 
That second one is a very good looking point, congrats on that one.
 
That is a nice one. You do not find them like that often. Well I don't anyways. Good seeing your finds again.
 
Thanks for the response folks. I dont know anything about a Nolichucky, I'll look into that type, thanks, eastTNjoe. Tnmountains, this is the land of Quartzite, so we dont find them like that often either.
 
I love the second piece- a familiar lithic-:icon_thumleft:. Great finds! Yakker
 
Good looking find! Looks like to me a Waratan type from the woodland period.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom