What's new

Field find

Saskhunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Can anyone tell me what this tool was used for and maybe the age?It appears to be some type of iron wood working tool or hoe?The lenght is 5 1/4 inches and 1 3/8 wide at widest point.Thanks for any help.
 

Attachments

  • DSC02985.webp
    DSC02985.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC02988.webp
    DSC02988.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 280
Could it be a blade for an adze?

I don't know much about tools but I glanced through the Sloan - Museum of Early American Tools book and thought it looked possible then saw this pic when I googled:

adze4.jpg


adze2.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I think you are right,it is an adze.Im guessing 19th century.Thanks.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
5
Views
830
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
456

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom