Field of 500 - Day 4... (+ short CruDad Hunt)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Field of 500 - Day 4... (+ short Cru'Dad Hunt)

Picture 1 is Cru'Dad's short 2.5hrs on a 'hunted out' Roman Site, shows we still need a little more work on this one, as it turned up quite a large coin we need :icon_thumright:

Dad & I spent 6 hours (12 man hours) on the 'Field of 500' carrying on from where Shuan7 & I left off. It was Dad's turn to get the Roman Silver Denarius of Caracalla AD210. :hello2: I got the fairly nice Sestertius of Faustina Junior AD161 :)

Total of 54 Roman Bronze Coins :thumbsup:
Hunts Button with Birds
1948 Two Shilling (Florin)
Bits...
Box/Furniture Roman Bronze Mount of a bearded God? ;D

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 414
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 420
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 415
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 410
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 407
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 409
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0
Re: Field of 500 - Day 4... (+ short Cru'Dad Hunt)

Just how near where I finished was that silver....you can tell me :'( :laughing9: :icon_thumleft:

shaun7 said:
Just how near where I finished was that silver....you can tell me :'( :laughing9: :icon_thumleft:

We needed to stay on for another 1.5 hours :icon_thumright: So not that close :thumbsup:

CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

We needed to stay on for another 1.5 hours :icon_thumright: So not that close :thumbsup:

Oh good, I'd never have made that :P It's nice though, and the stesterticusus :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

My God, thats an amazing site, fantastic discoveries, and i think you said ยจhunted outยจ"

54 roman, and all the rest...how big its the field? must have been a very important villa or something similar, market?

congratulations!!!

Are you going to clean the denarius a bit more?

I love the two bob bit, what year was it?

Nutriasub said:
My God, thats an amazing site, fantastic discoveries, and i think you said ยจhunted outยจ"

54 roman, and all the rest...how big its the field? must have been a very important villa or something similar, market?

congratulations!!!

Are you going to clean the denarius a bit more? No, that's how I like it :)

No, picture 1 is a different site which we have hunted hard. The 54 are from the Field of 500, which we only started about 3 years ago & got over 500 Roman Bronze coins in 6-7 weeks :o We had limited access last year & only got 3 coins, this year the conditions are perfect :thumbsup:

Its a massive site spread over at least 50 acres, Archies think its a small settlement :icon_thumright:

Chocadog said:
I love the two bob bit, what year was it?
1948 :icon_thumright:

Those fields hide a Roman population center, but not small, I would say a rural type city. ::)
H

shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

Oh good, I'd never have made that :P It's nice though, and the stesterticusus :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

First of all A BIG WELL DONE to Cru'Dad :thumbsup:, secondly, it's Sestertius, shaun. You made it sound like Testicular cancer :laughing9: :tongue3: :P. Very similar to the one I found, although mine was a couple of years later :laughing7: http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=24272&cat=48

hammered

The Caracalla Silver is AWESOME! :headbang: :headbang: The son of Septimus Severus, another one of my favorite Romans. Congrats Cru :occasion14:

You are having another very fine year :thumbsup:

hey crusader what is the copper piece with the nipple in the 3rd photo ? I have one that is close.

It must be a wonderful thing to dig every signal you get and come up with something wonderful........I can only imagine. I don't guess you run into many pull tabs in those areas....???
Oh yeah, 'grats on the terrific finds!

Great finds as usual :icon_thumleft:

Nice Additions ..
Congrats on the Carracalla and Faustina Jr :wink:
Still looking for my first Roman :icon_scratch:

wwwtimmcp said:
hey crusader what is the copper piece with the nipple in the 3rd photo ? I have one that is close.

The left hand one is a drawer pull, the right hand one is a screw lid, so looks like a cap? to something :dontknow:

HISPAN said:
Those fields hide a Roman population center, but not small, I would say a rural type city. ::)
H

Tiny Villiage at best. :icon_thumright:
Roland58 said:
It must be a wonderful thing to dig every signal you get and come up with something wonderful........I can only imagine. I don't guess you run into many pull tabs in those areas....???
Oh yeah, 'grats on the terrific finds!

Well, on one half of the field the farmer has been dumping modern burnt crap, so plenty of modern rubbish to dig :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back