What's new

Fifth capped bust of the year

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this cut dime and 2 eagle buttons this morning, on a 2 hour hunt right at sunrise. Also a lead seal, part of a thimble and a couple small round balls. All 5 old silvers found on same farm. Farm has history with war of 1812. Included a pic of the 5 coins. This site has yielded many nice finds. The cut dime rang up 62 on the MXTPro, I thought I was digging a half real. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0311.webp
    DSC_0311.webp
    494.4 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_0310.webp
    DSC_0310.webp
    401.3 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_0309.webp
    DSC_0309.webp
    525 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 70
Holy moly Art...

I just don't know what to say. Congrats on dumbfounding me!
 
Awesome finds! Congrats on having a good site to dig. Keep 'um coming.
 
Looks snapped, not cut to me. Might be the other half nearby.
 
5 in one year is astounding, and the year is only half way through. That's insane! Congratulations!
 
FIVE?.....that's more than a lifetime share. "Holy Moly" X2

I've never even seen one in person
 
You east coast guys make me sick. Sick sick sick :/
 
Congrats on another Capped Bust coin Art. :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
geeeosh. dreaming of my first capped. I could look at those coins all day long - such artistry! congrats on a capped honey hole.
 
5 capped bust just this year WOW. I have been detecting for 44yrs. and still have not found one. Someday maybe. Congrats.
 
Maryland seems to be the place to be! So many great finds from the members located there. Congratulations on your fifth and it is still early in the year. Thank you for sharing, hope there is a lot more to come.
 
Incredible! Awesome hunt :thumbsup:
 
Some really sweet finds! Congrats!
 
Wow man!!!! I have a collection of exactly....ZERO bust silvers. So I can seriously appreciate that collection. In one year is incredible
 
5 capped bust coins this year, that is awesome!
I'm still looking for #1.
 
Excellent array of finds-congratulations!
 
Quite impressive! I have dug two in ten years. Your haul is drool worthy:notworthy:

VPR
 
5 in one year, I would be happy finding 1 every 2 years. Great hunting spots. Keep it up and find 5 more. If you need any help, let me know. I will come find 5 with you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom