What's new

Fifth capped bust of the year

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this cut dime and 2 eagle buttons this morning, on a 2 hour hunt right at sunrise. Also a lead seal, part of a thimble and a couple small round balls. All 5 old silvers found on same farm. Farm has history with war of 1812. Included a pic of the 5 coins. This site has yielded many nice finds. The cut dime rang up 62 on the MXTPro, I thought I was digging a half real. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0311.webp
    DSC_0311.webp
    494.4 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_0310.webp
    DSC_0310.webp
    401.3 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_0309.webp
    DSC_0309.webp
    525 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 70
Great saves! Capped bust coins are right up there with my favorites. If that would have been a pistareen I'd say banner
 
man your one cool dude I havent found one yet congrats on the coins
 
WOW! Five? Man that's incredible! Great buttons also, congrats and HH
 
It's funny how sometimes certain coins just start turning up at certain sites. Seems like you stumbled upon the Capped Bust site. Maybe still a few more there. Congrats! Hunt it all!
 
DAMN ART!!!! Your on FIRE!!! Still lookin for my 1st. Throw some luck my way there bud!!! CONGRATZ.....
 
Your killing it, 5 in a life time would be Awesome. 5 in a year... WOW!!
 
You east coast guys make me sick. Sick sick sick :/

And how many gold coins have you found again? Tom ? Lol
Those make me envious! Great finds Art!
 
Holy moly! What a great group of coins, you are the man!
 
I call that 4 and a half capped. SWEET. Fantastic year for you
 
Amazing old silvers Trapperart. I'd love to dig an American silver older than my 1875 seated dime.
 
Unreal Art and congrats to you on 5 so far this year. That is quite an accomplishment in the world of detecting !
 
WTG, looks like a Great Hunt by my standards. Congratulations and Thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom