Figures the best time to water detect!

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Went water detecting making my last rounds of the year and my excal is acting up!!! :BangHead: All of a sudden while in the water my Excal starts making a high pitched sound avery 10 - 15 seconds for no reason. Then shortly after, it was making a constant racket with no silence. I turned the threshold all the way down where normally you would not hear it and it was still constant and loud!

I brought it home, charged the battery, cleaned under the coil cover and checked for moisture in the sealed units and did not notice any. After all this it now pulstates with the high tone every 10-15 seconds again. I am going to see if I can finish an area I was at and there was at least one other I wanted before fall. I hope it lasts, sounds like I will be testing Minelab's service department. :help:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear of this John. You did everything I would have suggested already. Since it was doing the problem at the beach and then at your home I don't think it was electrical interference like from a cell phone tower or EM field. I hope you have good luck with Minelabs service dept and keep everyone advised on your repairs too. With luck it is just a bad cell in the battery, but Minelab will change everything till it stops

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions