What's new

Finally! 1999 Wide AM (Update: Graded MS-62!)

JasonB

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I found this today. Also got a 1998 Wide AM and some other keepers. This was my first 99 Wide AM. I think it's valued at around $150-$200. Thoughts on the value?

JasonB
 

Attachments

  • 99 together.webp
    99 together.webp
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,577
Upvote 0
Enamel,

You seem to be the most experience penny guy on here. What's my coin worth at MS-62?

JasonB
 
JasonB said:
Enamel,

You seem to be the most experience penny guy on here. What's my coin worth at MS-62?

JasonB

From what I can find I would say anywhere between $250 - $300 in MS62 for book value. Who knows what you could get at auction. You might do better than that. I wonder what the population of slabbed there are of these? Anyone know?

One of your pics appear to have some green tint to it - the third one of the reverse. Is that corrosion or just the picture?

You got a great grade in my opinion. There is still a good bit of mint luster on the coin which helped to push it up from AU. Congrats!
 
I think it's the pic but I still got a better grade than I thought. I did some research and there are

ANACS - 117 (total graded)
PCGS - 1,003
NGC - 408
Total - 1,528

That's pretty low.

I think these will increase in value significantly if lots more aren't found. I'm going to try and stash a dozen or so away.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom