twistidd
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I haven't been able to get on to T-Net lately because life is crazy...suffice it to say, none of these beautiful days we've been having have been huntable since I've been at work a lot working on a major major issue affecting the entire food industry. When I saw that this weekend was going to be crappy, I threw my arms up in the air and asked, "WHY?? WHY?? WHY??" with tears rolling down my cheeks. lol, well, ok, maybe not, but I did realize that I had to put aside a few errands and get in about an hour before the snow came.
I headed out to a familiar spot after work yesterday and began to sweep a most trashy place (not the Trash Pit). This is the place I have found wheaties and silver before so I figured it'd be my best bet. I was particular to which signals I wanted to dig because I was wearing my work clothes and wanted to keep them as clean as possible. I wasn't finding much, not even clad, just a few deep peices of junk. Finally I hit on a wheatie signal and dug a '44 at 6 inches. About a foot away another similar signal, dug down and saw a silver reeded edge. I let out a long exhale and retreived the '43-D merc. Later, I got another wheatie at 8 inches, a '38. Then I left because it was getting dark and COLD very fast (was only wearing a t-shirt).
It only figures that every weekend so far has been crappy! I wanted to get out today LAST week, but figured it probably wouldn't happen. Hopefully tomorrow won't be so bad. Let's all hope.
Merry Hunting all,
Joe
I headed out to a familiar spot after work yesterday and began to sweep a most trashy place (not the Trash Pit). This is the place I have found wheaties and silver before so I figured it'd be my best bet. I was particular to which signals I wanted to dig because I was wearing my work clothes and wanted to keep them as clean as possible. I wasn't finding much, not even clad, just a few deep peices of junk. Finally I hit on a wheatie signal and dug a '44 at 6 inches. About a foot away another similar signal, dug down and saw a silver reeded edge. I let out a long exhale and retreived the '43-D merc. Later, I got another wheatie at 8 inches, a '38. Then I left because it was getting dark and COLD very fast (was only wearing a t-shirt).
It only figures that every weekend so far has been crappy! I wanted to get out today LAST week, but figured it probably wouldn't happen. Hopefully tomorrow won't be so bad. Let's all hope.
Merry Hunting all,
Joe
but finding good stuff like wheats and mercs makes any hunt good ken.







