What's new

Finally Found her Face !!

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the big piece last fall by MD'ing around my porch steps . The old wooden steps had to be replaced last week , so I got the detector out before the new ones were installed , and after finding an indian head and a wheat penny I dug a very weak signal ... the rest is history !!
Mojjax
 

Attachments

  • Picture 016 (2).webp
    Picture 016 (2).webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 895
  • Picture 017.webp
    Picture 017.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 833
Upvote 0
I wonder how it was broken? finds like these are often better than finding a whole one because this one has a story! Congrats! HH omnicognic 8)
 
omnicognic said:
I wonder how it was broken? finds like these are often better than finding a whole one because this one has a story! Congrats! HH omnicognic 8)
I wondered the same thing but I would bet it was Frost that did it and then either a sharp blow or even a root maybe tweaked it while it was really frozen. Interesting though.
 
That is incredible!! Congrats! I am with those that are wondering how you fracture a maleable coin though??? I would really like to know how that was done.... :-\
 
that is way too cool. great persistance!!
 
Looks like someone sawed it into with a coping saw.They surely didn't realize the consequences of their actions of 100 years ago.I wonder if someone will discover my dumb stunts 100 years from now?
 
How close was the second piece found to the original?
 
Bergie , the distance was about 2 feet . Junkdigger - the edge is too rough and irregular to have been cut with a saw .
 
man that is CRAZY! i have never seen anything like that before. it looks like it just snapped. probably when it was frozen like floater said.
 
Very interesting find. I imagine all of us have found coins hit by a mower, but those are straight across, and that looks broken. I have never seen a "broken" coin before. Could it have come out of the mint with a huge crack then split later? Mint error maybe?
 
Thanks for the interesting info , sounds to good to be true . I hope you're right ! I just put it in a safe place . I didn't think it would be worth much because it is broken , but now I'm definitely going to look into it more . Thanks for your research !
Mojjax
 
thats awesome! congratulations mojjax!! let us know more info as you find itout.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom